1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

sologeek

Observer
Very nice 4runner. I had an 1987 silver with alt gauge and bone stock no rust and original paint until .... I got hit by a lady who was on her phone and totaled it. Seeing this makes me want to get another one.

kgm86

Very nice 4runner. I had an 1987 silver with alt gauge and bone stock no rust and original paint until .... I got hit by a lady who was on her phone and totaled it. Seeing this makes me want to get another one.

That is literally my worst nightmare haha

kgm86

Thanks @kgm86. That 7mge swap looks like a tight fit for-aft. How do you keep it cool without a fan?

It is a very tight fit. I have a pusher fan in front of the rad but i rarely have to use it, only in the summer in traffic. The engine runs cool so far and i haven't had any problems, touch wood haha

Yung_Runner

Hi there here is my 1987 Toyota 4runner 22re. Loving this website lately, so thought I should join and post my ol yota. This was last Mojave desert trip for a fashion photoshoot I did....before I blew the motor. The clutch went out on this trip from north bay to Mojave desert. She got me home fully loaded and with a clutch on its last leg screaming like a banshee.4runnner_mojave1.jpgI had her since 2012 and have done quite a lot of adventuring and definitely have wheeled outside of what I thought was capable for a rig of this caliber. Also, she taught me a lot about motor rebuilds and wrenching. Currently, I have another 22re rebuilt and ready to go in.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
You prefer the camper to the trailer? I’m assuming you don’t wheel it too hard with the camper on. I have a slightly different camping set up:

96B7E15F-56D8-4FC6-8DD6-9C771D403672.jpeg

The 4Runner looks very similar to the one I’m buying. White letters in on this one though:

F4BBDD66-0D30-48AD-9EA8-037D7D6C3C33.jpeg

azzhatdeluxe

If I go wheeling I have a tent and pad. I enjoy the camper more in all ways compared to the tear drop. looks like a nice dodge set up going on.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If I go wheeling I have a tent and pad. I enjoy the camper more in all ways compared to the tear drop. looks like a nice dodge set up going on.

Thanks. It’s pretty deluxe. I write it off for work (camper included). The plan is to tow the 4Runner either on my trailer or flat and use it as the exploration rig from the camper base. I brought it home today...

EE4D6ADF-57DF-47E7-8E4D-E1F3490CF483.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94