Brisbane Truck Show

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I missed the Hino stand but snapped this pic on the way out of a Hino FT 4x4 10 tonner (I think it was anyway). Very clean and tidy unit as you can see.

3542162436_64df1152a5_b.jpg

whatcharterboat

Saw this other Hino as well. Absolutely no relevance to a expo truck , I know but it’s the only swiveling tilt tray I’ve ever seen. Someone I know of here has just developed a tilt and tipping body which would be handy for loading say a bobcat into the back of the tipper but this recovery vehicle would have plenty of advantage over conventional tilt trays. Sorry I know this is just general truck info now but I hope you can appreciate the engineering here anyway.

3541322131_ffe52d1186_b.jpg

Seriously, would you buy a filter from this guy even if they probably are the best in the world.? Actually Matt had plenty of time for us and really knew his stuff. Some great aftermarket replacement fuel filters for small Jap trucks in the range. Ultra efficient, low level warning, built in lift pumps, pre-heat, etc, etc, etc and that impeccable German engineering.

3542169324_897461c323_b.jpg

And this Spanish made hydraulic winch was very trick. Available here in an 8,000 and 12000lb size. IMO any excuse to fit an electric / hydraulic power pack is worth it in the long run. Just so much else you can do with hydraulic power on an expedition truck other than the obvious winching.

3541353595_7c42dae74a_b.jpg

whatcharterboat

Another good filtration stand. I really like all the Fleetgaurd air cleaner range. Some of which was on display here.

Actually it's interesting that the new generation Isuzu's are coming out with Donaldson air cleaners as standard. Wonder why they aren't making their own??

3541315969_3ecc040941_b.jpg

whatcharterboat

Hey, It’s a pleasure. Only a few more to go.

OK, Roger here is Webasto’s main guy in Oz and has been unbelievably helpful to us over the years with adapting these products into the vehicles we build at work. Always ready to try something new and has provided excellent tech support. We usually catch up with him in person at the big Caravan & Camping Show where he will have the full range of Webasto products. Last year he brought a fuel cell generator with him too. However at the truck show, only 2 lines were on display.

Truck cab air / con units. Extremely low DC power consumption so they also would have good Expedition truck applications. They are only small units though so don’t expect only one of these to cool a 7 metre camper body.

3542130966_169658b32a_b.jpg

And Evaporative coolers. These are far more efficient than the ol’ swamp coolers with a computer controlled circulation pump & fan and a high tech evaporative membrane. Again with direct application for expedition -trucks.

3542119364_db8081f2ca_b.jpg

As far as truck shock absorbers go, theses guys are starting to be taken very seriously in the industry as a viable alternative to Bilstein and Koni. Some really heavy duty models with offroad applications. Still anything is a vast improvement over the standard units on some of the small Japanese 4x4 trucks.

3541324379_d8cc8b10f1_b.jpg

whatcharterboat

Hmmm. How do we get this to fit onto an FG? The beach tour bus guys and even some of our exp'truck customers would do anything to find out the answer to that question. Aftermarket auto tyre inflation system.

3541316979_7caeaebbfc_b.jpg

I don't even want to know how we could get these into an FG.

3542128798_7d6d189e89_b.jpg

whatcharterboat

3541327583_c8a47d81e2_b.jpg

These are the last 2 pics I have. We were looking for specific things at the show so I didn’t really have a look at everything as I said. For example air seats for FG’s and NPS’s were one of the many things we were trying to locate.

3542120480_0bae8b6d65_b.jpg

Next year MAN have asked us to put a 13 / 15 ton crewcab expedition truck that we have under construction at the moment in as part of their display. So I hope to spend everyday at the show and should be able to get around in the breaks and see a lot more. One day was not nearly enough time.

Obviously there was so much that I didn’t take pics of but I should have taken some tyre pics which were another major thing on our agenda. Most of the big names were there in force and even some that I’d never heard of. There were some from China and while they might be new to the game here I’m sure they will make a noticeable dent in the market.

BTW found some fantastic 36” high offroad tyres for our new 19.5” wheels. Other tyres we found were only drive tyres which would be still OK but there were all position tyres as well.

One of the problems with some of the offroad tyres used on the FG’s and NPS’s has been from sharp stones puncturing not the side walls but the tread ply when they get stuck in between the tread blocks. These new tyres sort of had a step down from the side of the tread block to the valley of the tread ply so as to discourage stones from getting trapped.

Don’t you just love the way we Aussies spell “tyres”.

Anyway that’s it. We have the Brisbane Caravan And Camping Show in a couple of weeks and I’ll probably be there for most of it manning our own stand. So if you want, I’ll take another 50 or so pics there and do a similar report / thread. Can’t wait. Get to expedition trucks all day long.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
whatcharterboat said:
Anyway that’s it.
THANK YOU!!! :clapsmile:

We have the Brisbane Caravan And Camping Show in a couple of weeks and I’ll probably be there for most of it manning our own stand. So if you want, I’ll take another 50 or so pics there and do a similar report / thread.
Pretty pleeeeze . . . :jumping:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Wow what a great selection of pic and the captions really help also.
Thank you and please take more at the next show

Mickldo

Adventurer
Saw this other Hino as well. Absolutely no relevance to a expo truck , I know but it’s the only swiveling tilt tray I’ve ever seen. Someone I know of here has just developed a tilt and tipping body which would be handy for loading say a bobcat into the back of the tipper but this recovery vehicle would have plenty of advantage over conventional tilt trays. Sorry I know this is just general truck info now but I hope you can appreciate the engineering here anyway.

3541322131_ffe52d1186_b.jpg

That Bozmac tray is made in Hervey Bay. I deal with them a bit for work. Top quality stuff.

Mickldo

Adventurer
Hmmm. How do we get this to fit onto an FG? The beach tour bus guys and even some of our exp'truck customers would do anything to find out the answer to that question. Aftermarket auto tyre inflation system.

3541316979_7caeaebbfc_b.jpg

I don't even want to know how we could get these into an FG.

3542128798_7d6d189e89_b.jpg

Try here

Mickldo

Adventurer
Anyway that’s it. We have the Brisbane Caravan And Camping Show in a couple of weeks and I’ll probably be there for most of it manning our own stand. So if you want, I’ll take another 50 or so pics there and do a similar report / thread. Can’t wait. Get to expedition trucks all day long.

I plan on going down to the Brissy show too. I'll catch up with you down there John and take a few pics myself to share here.

whatcharterboat

That Bozmac tray is made in Hervey Bay. I deal with them a bit for work. Top quality stuff.

Mick, Ive said this before but I'll say it again >> It never ceases to amaze me how much quality engineeering comes out of the sleepy old Wide Bay area. I just thought it was full of retirees (present company excluded). Tilt trains, aircraft, machinery, boating, vehicles, etc, etc.

I plan on going down to the Brissy show too. I'll catch up with you down there John and take a few pics myself to share here.

Yeah Mick, Sounds great. We're getting ready for it now. Will have a couple of trucks on display so we'll be busy for sure, but definitely drop in and catch up. Sing out if you need a place to stay in Brisvegas too. My oldies only live 10 minutes away from the ekka. There'll be so much too see. The pics will go down really well here on ExPo. Surely it must be the biggest show of it's type >>> Do you think? I don't know what else to compare it too.

BTW Good luck with the boat show on the weekend . Are you taking much down for it?

No way I can make it down. Crunch time for uni assignments again.

John.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior