Gen 1 Monteros in Big Bear

Justice R

Adventurer
So I guess it was too good to be true for us Mitsu Guys to have our own forum..I guess it was a little slow anyway. Here's a few pics from a Short trip to big bear this past weekend. The trails were crowded but it was still fun. Got to take my project 89 out on some rough stuff..

OK Here's our report from this weekends run to Big Bear
The Group consisted of the Following:

Justice: 89 SWB V6
Dirtdriver: 90 LWB
Ghostraider: 89 SWB V6 Manual
Nick R: 89 SWB 2.6 Manual (open diffs)

We met at Crab Flats at 0930 and started driving to the trailhead of Gold Mountain when we ran into Nick R pulling in with his raider in tow so we waited for him to get his raider unhooked and continued on. We ran Gold Mountain that day and also another short trail called White Mountain. The next day we ran Dishpan Springs downhill, and then back up. It was a busy weekend and we were delayed by a rhino that rolled on dishpan. Once we got back up Dishpan we headed to John bull it was about 5 PM at this point and we waited for several groups of Jeeps to exit. As what we thought was the last group after about an hour I climbed up the first obstacle but was forced to turnaround after two more groups came down. By this time it was 6 PM, so we hightailed it out and ran Jacobe Canyon trail back to the Highway. These were the Main trails we ran with many miles of 2N16 and other spur trails..Fun weekend I just wish we would have headed strait to JBull trail in the morning...next time..Photos following are pretty much (more or less) in order.

bb091.jpg

Airing Down..

bb092.jpg

The Ghostraider!

bb093.jpg

bb094.jpg

bb095.jpg

bb096.jpg

bb097.jpg

bb098.jpg

bb099.jpg

bb0910.jpg

More...

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Sweet pics! Looks like a good time. Also, it looks like the Mitsubishi forum is back. Thanks for posting. Those are all really nice Gen 1's.

Van_Homan

Adventurer
Great pictures

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Those SWB Raiders and Montys are super cool. Too bad you don't see more of them.

C Red

Adventurer
Cool photos. I would love to see a group of Monteros and Raiders out wheelin. Looks like a lot of fun out there.

CLynn85

Explorer
The first word that came to mind when I saw the photos was "NEAT!!!" That's just too cool seeing the little first gens out having a blast like that.

computeruser

Explorer
Nice pics and some nice countryside to be out exploring!

I don't know if I've ever seen a LWB version before. I like it.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Nice pics and some nice countryside to be out exploring!

I don't know if I've ever seen a LWB version before. I like it.

The 1st gen LWBs were only sold in the US from 1989 - 91.

I think 1990 was the last year for the SWB Monty, not sure about the Raider (which was just a rebadged SWB Monty sold by Dodge.)

Mine was a 1990 LWB:

RALLY05.jpg

I always thought it would be fun to swap out a Raider grille and badges and drive the world's only 4 door Dodge Raider! :p

Justice R

Adventurer
Thx

Thanks for the comments guys. Ive been driving these vehicles for a long time now, and your right they are becomming quite rare these days, which is kind of what I like about them. I'll post up some more pics soon. I need to update my 89 build thread.

I have a set of Crawler gears from Australia in my 89's T-Case. Coupled with the automatic, this is an amazing combo. This was my first real test with them in. Once I get an ARB in the front this thing will be quite capable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94