Ask Away

lionsbreath

Adventurer
Any questions on jeep products please ask away. I love my taco but make my money by knowing everyhing there is to know :jump: on jeeps because I sell them.

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
lionsbreath said:
Any questions on jeep products please ask away. I love my toca but make my money by knowing everyhing there is to know :jump: on jeeps because I sell them.

Whats a Toca? :hehe:

flyingwil

lionsbreath said:
:rolleyes: Taco Sorry
by the way Will I started putting 15% of each check into a flying acct. so I can get current.

Sorry man I couldn't resist that comment!

You think 15% will be enough? YIKES with current fuel prices Jet A is $3.69 and 100LL $4.33 is not making flying cheap! Think about it, that's about $15 in fuel for the taxi and run up alone, Yikes. I am currently renting a/c with the auto gas STC to save a bit, also make sure the rental is a wet rental. Like I said earlier if you ever need a safety pilot let me know or maybe even 50%/50% on some time.

Oh I do have a question on Jeeps though... In your line what are most customers looking for? I bet most Wrangler buys walk in knowing what they want, where I bet most of the SUV buyers are looking for comfort rather than trail capability. Since we are in AZ, I would also bet that most of them could care less if it is 4WD or not. Am I correct in assuming this?

lionsbreath

Adventurer
late 07 wranglers maybe no firm word yet but some hints from the union line workers that they are gearing up for a crd in the 07 wrangler.

Most Jeep buyers come in for a Grand cher. and yes the want 4x4 we many sell 4x4's and believe it or not most wrangler shoppers lack any knowledge on the wrangler andi do alot of education to help them understand that they realy only need a X instead of a ruby. Airpark is and has been for a while the #1 jeep dealer in the U.S.

lionsbreath

Adventurer
I should be ok wth 15% I am putting my spiffs and spin cash in to it as well In my first week I put away over three bills into the fund. When I was flying in a sem. I figured out that for every sencond on the ground I was throwing out over a nickel out the windo.

Last edited:

flyingwil

lionsbreath said:
late 07 wranglers maybe no firm word yet but some hints from the union line workers that they are gearing up for a crd in the 07 wrangler.

Most Jeep buyers come in for a Grand cher. and yes the want 4x4 we many sell 4x4's and believe it or not most wrangler shoppers lack any knowledge on the wrangler andi do alot of education to help them understand that they realy only need a X instead of a ruby. Airpark is and has been for a while the #1 jeep dealer in the U.S.

I remember car shopping and seeing a Laura Croft Edition Rubi... that thing was sweet, but way over priced at Ernheart's in Tempe. They still sell that? That is one Jeep I wish my wife would want. She has been in an Xterra rut for a while and has the "I wants" Hey either way I can't go wrong right?

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I walked into the Airpark Jeep dealership about two months ago. The one on Hyden near costco. I asked a couple of sales guys about the diesel option in the wrangler and they looked at me like I was crazy!
It sure would be sweet if they did it. How about a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a diesel?

crawldit

Adventurer
lionsbreath said:
I work at Airpark who was your salesman?
I honestly don't remember :confused: He was a big guy like me....I'd say 6'5 ish, mid 20's. I'm sure I'd remember his name if I heard it. If you remember having a used White 2003 X on your lot with a 6" lift and some 34" Swampers with a bunch of stickers on it, that was my trade-in. I bought one of the last 2005 Kakhi Rubicons that you had on the lot. Nice group of people that you have down there. You have 2 guys down there that are members of the AZVJC with me. It was a great buying experience :D I actually need to come see you guys soon. I'm at a month and already need my first oil change/tire rotation

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I don't expect a answer for either of these questions....but they are fun for discussion anyway.

1. Why does DC continue to ignore the problem with speedometer tone ring misalignment on the NP241 transfer cases used in the rubicons? There are documented failures upon documented failures (well, "failure" is a bit of a stretch....but the point is that there is a problem) where the tone ring was not indexedwith the key way that holds it in place before the rear output companion flange was hammered on with a impact wrench. This cause vibrations similar to what you would experience with improper pinion angle. This is a manufacturers defect that they simply will not cover under warranty. Why not step up to the plate, admit there is/was a problem, fix it, and move on. As long as they fail to admit there are problems, their quality will not improve.

2. Jeep (DC) seems to have a policy regarding driveline repairs on lifted wranglers. They warranty repairs up to a 2" lift, nothing more. The problem is that the amount of lift does not determine the stress on the driveline (with exception to the operating angle of the U-joints, and steering/suspension geometry issues). Under identical enviromental conditions, which of the following has more stress placed on the driveline: A) wrangler with 3.5" of lift, 33" tires, or B) wrangler with 2" of lift, hacked off fenders and 38" tires?

According to the dealers I have spoken to, DC's position is that vehicle "b" will be covered under warranty, vehicle "A" will not.

(BTW--as you probably guessed, I was denied warranty coverage due to my lift height. I wasn't really expecting them to cover the damage, but asked anyway...what pi$$ed me off was not having to pay for the parts, but was the fact that they denied the claim based on lift height, not based on tire size. It was the tire size that contributed to the failed part, not the amount of lift. Why can't they use common sense when evaluating a warranty claim, rather than some pre-concieved, canned answer that doesn't hold up the the slightest bit of scrutiny?)

lionsbreath

Adventurer
We cover up to a 3" lift. In fact we put terra flex 3" lifts on new jeeps before we sell them and warnt. the lift and all. The 3" terra flex lift comes with ne springs shocks belly drop and sway bar disc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior