5,300 miles, 11 states, in 10 days - Trip West 2009

JamesDowning

Explorer
Great trip summary! Me and the fiancee have been talking about making a similar trip next year. I'd love to see a map of the route you took too, that would certainly help us plan better.

Anyways, hopefully we can meet up sometime soon. Cheers!
cheers.gif

Great report and good commentary. I see the max speed of 100mph :Wow1: ....that must have bee coming over one of the passes in Colorado w/no brakes right ;)

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Great Trip!

I think I speak for everyone when I say your trip has inspired us all over again. Great writeup and great pics.

Thanks,

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Thanks much....

Thanks so very much for the compliments and feedback, it is really appreciated. I thought I would post a couple of other pics that didnt make it into the narrative that I still wanted to share:

The town of No Name, Colorado. With names like that, and Silt, and Rifle, you just HAVE to love Colorado!
TripWest2009062.jpg

Interstate 70 is quite the pretty drive through this region, with the highways stacked upon each other running next to the Colorado River, view from the No Name rest area, looking back East:
TripWest2009063.jpg

Gotta have a pic of the Overland Journal decal in a natural setting....

TripWest2009112.jpg

Lastly, my sister Lisie has her own photography business, Caught By a Flash, and she is very talented with photoshop. She took a few favorite pics out of my collection and worked her magic upon them.

Desert Storm
tripwest2009256--2.jpg

My collection of stickers
tripwest2009242--2.jpg

South of Grand Junction CO
tripwest2009068-2.jpg

FDR 610 on Kaibab National Forest

tripwest2009296-2.jpg

Thanks again sis for your fabulous work! And again, everyone else, thanks for the kind words....deeply appreciated.

Last edited:

PJPR01

Adventurer
Wonderful trip and photos...nothing like a good long road trip to recharge...love that feeling of utter exhaustion after a long day on the road seeing sights and the excitement of waking up a few hours later to do it all over again!

:smiley_drive::smiley_drive::smiley_drive:

pnorvell

Adventurer
Awesome pictures! I want to make the same kind of trip again once I'm done with school, but take a month or so! Looks like it was a great time!

Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne