New Sportsmobile

peggert

I have tried the awning and it is very user friendly. I believe it is the Fiama
F45, I will double check the model number in the AM.

I have the Fiamma f45i 10 x 8 foot awning and used it for about 8 years on 2 diferent vehicles. It still works good, but I had to mount it higher to have clerance for the doors to open. When it's raining you need to angle it down a bit. I also got the screen room that fits onto it but it takes way too long to set up and its too bulky to bring along. I just use 2 small tarps on each side to keep the wind and rain out. I just got new brackets that mount on the side of the van for the arms, they are brushed aluminum, and much nicer than the ones that came with it.
I use the 2 extending tubes that came with the screen room on the right and left sides of the awning after it is set up. These work good to hold the material tight with spring clamps, and make the thing sturdier on windy days. After the center rafter and 2 extendable tubes are in place and tightened, I roll the awning back in till it's tight.
It will not handle high winds though, and I had to roll it up in the middle of the night more than once.
I do like it overall, and it is built well.

pint

Adventurer
Beautiful rig! WOW! This is what my wife and I are planning/saving for in a couple years. Do you have any interior shots?

trailsurfer

Explorer
Here you go.

b738e19ce20862ea3301d969cdebae79.jpg

395a040e1b2b063966dddbcfa5cc7e65.jpg

6573a4607fe5e58ba2a2db609be99761.jpg

96fb7e5e7a7b648c60732f520c9c576b.jpg

d0d9671c9b74c9c9e6782672dc012943.jpg

8b6e90ab3a7bb7d3236095446e65334c.jpg

trailsurfer

Explorer
What are those round things in the roof?

An example of my constant need for audio/video stimulus once it is dark outside. It is a KVH Satellite Dish. It works in motion or sitting still and I receive a Direct TV signal for my, I am a little embarrased to say, 3 TV's. Small monitor on the dash, one installed on the roof for viewing in the back part of the van, and one for outside.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
An example of my constant need for audio/video stimulus once it is dark outside. It is a KVH Satellite Dish. It works in motion or sitting still and I receive a Direct TV signal for my, I am a little embarrased to say, 3 TV's. Small monitor on the dash, one installed on the roof for viewing in the back part of the van, and one for outside.

I saw the large dish, I'm talking about the small ones (4). Do they have something to do with that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior