Not mine: 1980 Creger 4x4 Ford F250 For Sale in Denver, CO

csangster

Not mine: 1980 Creger 4x4 Ford F350 For Sale in Denver, CO

Good morning,

I am a recent register to this site and I must say there is a lot of really cool stuff to see; rigs, trailers, conversions etc.

Which made my recent discovery an interesting coincidence.

On my way to work last week, I saw what looked like a camper sitting in a used car lot, it caught my eye because it was a Ford F350 with a camper body added to it exactly like the newer Tiger Motor Home.

This rig is definitely showing it's age, I stopped to take a quick look at it late last week. But it looks like all the components are still present.

From my quick investigation of the truck, it looks like it will need to have a bit of body work here and there, a new door made for an access panel on the side, some fresh paint and all the systems gone through to make sure they are working properly.

I could tell that it had an A/C unit on the top, propane fill valves on the driver side, and a bunch of vents on the passenger side I can only assume are for the myriad of appliances that are in the vehicle.

The price on the truck was $2500. Not a bad deal for someone who wants a good foundation and isn't afraid to tear something apart to make it work again.

If anyone wants me to snap some pictures of it, let me know, and I will snap some on my way home from work.

I would seriously consider getting it, but I am not quite in the position to take on a project like that at this time while I have so many other honeydo's to handle.

Let me know,

Chris

Last edited:

csangster

Chris...I'd like to see some pics. I'd also like to know the location. I'm in Longmont and may want to take a look.

toyfunraider,

On Sheridan Blvd. just south of the I-76 overpass.

If you are coming from Longmont, take the Sheridan exit off I-76, and come south. Get in the right hand lane and you will see the rig within 200 yards on the right hand side. It is the first vehicle in the lot, so you will see it first. It is the typical early 80's paint job with tan, brown, adobe red colors.

I'll take pictures on the way home from work today.

Thanks,
Chris

csangster

Chris...I'd like to see some pics. I'd also like to know the location. I'm in Longmont and may want to take a look.

toyfunraider,

I took the pictures yesterday on my way home, but I must have left my camera at the house when I packed for work this morning. Sorry, I'll get the pictures to you tomorrow.

I was able to determine that the truck is an F350 not an F250....which means the front axle is the heavy duty Dana 60.

Sorry for the delay,
Chris

chet

island Explorer
if its a 1980 don't be so sure its a D60! the early 80's Fords used all kinds of runing gear!

Maddmatt

Explorer
if its a 1980 don't be so sure its a D60! the early 80's Fords used all kinds of runing gear!

As did the mid 2000's, particularly with diffs. the Super duty production line seems to be a "whatever fits" zone from time to time.

csangster

D60 debate

It is not a 1980 Ford, it is a 1980 Creger....using a 1979 Ford F350 chassis cab. I didn't crawl on the ground and look for the '60' on the flange of the pumpkin, but a quick look at the hubs left little doubt that it could very well be D60.....they were damn huge.

And any 4x4 F350's that I have seen of the 77-79 vintage always had a D60 under the front end.....

I can always be wrong......main point being, it is a heavy duty 8-lug front end that can take a beating and keep on ticking.

Thanks,
Chris

csangster

It is not a 1980 Ford, it is a 1980 Creger....using a 1979 Ford F350 chassis cab. I didn't crawl on the ground and look for the '60' on the flange of the pumpkin, but a quick look at the hubs left little doubt that it could very well be D60.....they were damn huge.

And any 4x4 F350's that I have seen of the 77-79 vintage always had a D60 under the front end.....

I can always be wrong......main point being, it is a heavy duty 8-lug front end that can take a beating and keep on ticking.

Thanks,
Chris

Here are the three pictures that I could snap with my phone.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• Photo027.jpg
    Photo027.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 4,052
  • Photo026.jpg
    Photo026.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 790
  • Photo025.jpg
    Photo025.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 736

truck mechanic

Adventurer
That truck is cool!!!!! but its a 1978 or 79, 79 last year for that body style. 78 had round headlights unless it was an xlt. then they were rectangle, same as all 79s
Paul

chet

island Explorer
very cool looking rig! Your right seeing as its a '79 frame it will have a D60 front. Drop a 7.3 idi diesel in there and have a very cool expo camper!

csangster

very cool looking rig! Your right seeing as its a '79 frame it will have a D60 front. Drop a 7.3 idi diesel in there and have a very cool expo camper!

Agreed,

It is a very cool rig.....I hope someone on this forum picks it up.

It could be quite multi-purpose........

Thanks,
Chris

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Screw the 7.3, drop Kate Jackson, Jaquline Smith and Farrah in that baby and go fight disco crime in the backwoods!!!:sombrero:

Michael Slade

Untitled
I saw one of those for sale in Lehi, Utah last fall. I couldn't afford it so I didn't stop, but it did look just like your pics. Same Ford, same color, etc...

Very cool trucks IMO.

csangster

More Pictures

Here are the original pictures I took.

Attachments

• Pictures Download 20090623 001.jpg
    Pictures Download 20090623 001.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 555
  • Pictures Download 20090623 009.jpg
    Pictures Download 20090623 009.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 416
  • Pictures Download 20090623 017.jpg