Blankets: 12 volt heated style

articulate

Expedition Leader
It's awfully cold in the Eazi Awn at times.

Anyone use a heated blankets, 12-volt style? Suggestions, recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

slooowr6

Explorer
I was thinking about the samething. The heat blanket I've at home is a full size. I look at the back it said 180w. If that's the case then it meas a 15 amp draw on a 12v battery. Since it's running on 110v then there will be a lost in inverter as well. In a small 44AH Odyssey battery (PC1200) which means it'll be empty between 2-3hrs depends on the duty cycle. So it's a no go in my case. I saw some heat blanket that can run on 12v but can't find info on their power rating.

Alex
________
ST1300

Last edited:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Mark, I have a 12V blanket by Vector. It has a washable polyester fleece lining and uses 5 amps. Unfortunately, they are no longer making them. I can bring it to the Trophy if you want to try it out. It's great for "pre-warming" the sleeping bags before you crawl into bed for the night.

k6uk

Adventurer
Heated Sleeping Bag

Well... I found this:
36729488.jpg

http://www.shop.com/op/~_Heatek_Heated_Sleeping_Bag-prod-36729488-49163599?sourceid=298

A heated sleeping bag... runs on rechargable batteries.
Should be able to rewire it to plug into the truck just fine!

I wonder if they're any good?

-Mike

From Amazon.com:
Product Description
Even sub-zero temperatures won't interfere with your sleep when you're zipped up in this luxurious heated sleeping bag from Heatek. The bag operates on a 12-volt, 9-Ah battery (included) and comes with an AC/DC rechargeable adapter unit that can be plugged into your car's cigarette lighter. Once it's turned on, the bag takes only about five minutes to heat up, and its automatic temperature control works for up to eight hours, creating the ideal climate for a full night's sleep. The durable waterproof shell keeps the bag dry for ultimate efficiency and also breathes well to keep you from feeling clammy at night. The bag measures 36 by 90 inches and comes with a 90-day limited warranty.

Product Description
The Heatek heated sleeping bag is the result of unique technology that keeps you warm and dry on those cold nights. The sleeping bag has up to 8 hours of heated comfort. There are two adjustable heat settings. The sleeping bag comes with a 12 volt-9 Ah battery and a AC/DC rechargeable adaptor that can be plug into your car. The waterproof outer shell keeps you dry. Pouches are included for the sleeping bag and battery charger. The bag is 36" X 90". The bag comes with a 90 day limited warranty. Important info about the bag: Before washing the bag discount the battery and the temperature control. Cover all of the connector with the plastic covers that come with unit. Do not dry clean this unit. Always charge the batteries for the unit with the charger that is provided with the bag. If you loose or damage your charger e-mail or call Heatea.(HeathaOptimus@aol.com or 626-839-4678) . The battery can only be charged by the range of 100 Volt-240 Volt, 50 or 60 Hz, Ac current or 12Volt DC current. Its recommended that if you don't use the bag make sure you recharge the batteries once every three months. The first time you charge the battery it needs to be charged for 12 hours continuous. After that the batteries can be plug into a Ac adaptor in a wall for 9 hrs or a cigarette lighter in a car for 6 hrs. The temperature control has a adaptor that plugs into the battery. The remote control can adjust the temperature from Hi to Low. It takes about 5 minutes to heat up the sleeping bag once its turned on.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
articulate said:
It's awfully cold in the Eazi Awn at times.

Anyone use a heated blankets, 12-volt style? Suggestions, recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

Bump for this as I've been looking for a 12volt version as well.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I honestly thought Mark was joking with this thread....

Cmon Guys....electric blankey's? I'm getting older and need more in the backcountry for comfort but...?

Dont get me wrong, i feel if it will make your time in the backcountry more enjoyable go for it.

Come to think of it....i did upgrade to a larger tent and AeroBed recently.

:campfire:

articulate

Expedition Leader
John B said:
I honestly thought Mark was joking with this thread....

Cmon Guys....electric blankey's?
:campfire:
:xxrotflma
Nice John, nice. I see I've set a precedent. Why on earth would you think I - of all people - was joking? :D

Now, haven't you caught on to the adage regarding all this crap we spend money on? It's for the safety of your family? Anything to make my sweet Brooke more comfy while camping.

...and boy do I benefit in several ways.

LawlerClan

Observer
I used one when I was in the Army. Loved the comfort but would drain the batteries down with that and the radios on.

I have been reading for a while but mostly learning so haven't posted before.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
articulate said:
Nice John, nice. I see I've set a precedent. Why on earth would you think I - of all people - was joking? :D

Now, haven't you caught on to the adage regarding all this crap we spend money on? It's for the safety of your family? Anything to make my sweet Brooke more comfy while camping.

Didnt mean to offend Mark...i see your point and the error of my ways. :)

Regards,
Sleeping cold and alone in Pa. :peepwall:

Robthebrit

Explorer
If I need to warm my bag I do it the old fashioned way with a hot water bottle. I got a couple of really nice ones in the UK where people still use them. If you start with boiling water, put it in the sleeping bag 30 minutes before you get in then its toasty warm, if you keep it in the bag with you it will still be warm in the morning. At regular room temperature it takes about 3-4 hours for the bottle to cool down.

I do the same thing with my thermos, I put it in the bag with me at night and I can make tea first thing in the morning before I even get out of the bag!!

Rob

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
articulate said:
Anything to make my sweet Brooke more comfy while camping.

So, what you are saying, is that the electric blanky really IS for you.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior