VW expedition bus

paulj

Expedition Leader
How's this for a cab-over expedition vehicle? I noticed it at a trailhead in the Washington Cascades. The tires of BFG KOs.

paulj

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Paul..........

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Yes......I love it!

Back in my college days in San Diego.......I had a 1972 VW Van. No 4x4 back then. But I sure dreamed about it and how I could take my trusty VW Van down to Baja if I only had 4x4!

Then they later came out with it. But I had already moved back to Hawaii by then. ...........rats!

Anyway........I love the 4x4 VW Vans!.......and I would love to have one right now!

I may even be willing to trade my mint 15,000 original mile...... 1976 Cadillac Eldorado for one!

OOPS!.....did I say that!

2006_07011976CadillacEldorado002-1.jpg

.............:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Me too! I almost bought one! I had the westy with pop top and loved it. Started thinking of a synchro for the world trip, but found the Pinzgauer instead, which is pretty much a Synchro on steroids!:victory:

60seriesguy

Adventurer
I've seen Westies do some pretty amazing things in South America, they're pretty nimble! Many years ago I was on a very tough stretch of "road" in Northwestern Brazil, four well-equipped Land Cruisers and a Patrol, and we came across a modified Westphalia with Swiss plates going the other direction. It was a family of four, taking a year off for an overland tour of South America. Comparing my modified FJ70 with the Westie made me feel sheepish and totally changed my opinion of them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles