FrontRunner G-Wagens: The ultimate expedition G

dclee

Observer
Well put Derek - how are those wheels working out at the ends of your SF axles? Looking for some new wheels for the G500 ... Heard some other interesting news in the last few days about some "improvements" that might be available ... I'll have to email you ...

Hi Drew! Wheels are still in the boxes, but that's because my truck is in pieces getting some rust repair done. But I'm itching to get them on. Looking at new rubber right now! Yeah, hit me up on email.

dclee

Observer
BTW, to add to my previous comments, let me say that I still prefer a FF, all things being equal. I've seen a semi snap in difficult conditions (on a Land Cruiser, and Toyota by no means puts weak axles in those trucks, believe me). It just causes all sorts of problems if and when it does let go, especially on an axle with drum brakes (like the 460's rear axle). I think the reason why G's don't experience this very often is because, to be honest, I don't think they get wheeled all that hard (in general). While Harald has certainly done it, I have never seen or heard of any other G's (with stock axles) on trails like Rubicon, Fordyce, Dusy-Ershim, or Hammers. There may be other exceptions I don't know about, but I think it's safe to say that it isn't a common occurrence.

I have read about a "heavy duty" axle option for the 461, I wonder if that is a full-floater...?

Scott Brady

Founder
Comprehensive site on the new offering: http://www.mercedes-g-entdecker.com/1index.html
00000001_r3_c1.jpg

eleblanc

Adventurer
While out on the back road with my cruiser, i went by a convoy of those Canadien G-Wagon, have to say awesome truck. I'll be on the lookout when those hit the auctions. They all look new, and all had the gun tower on the roof. Some where parked at road corners, i tried to stop and engage discussions but that didn't work at all...

EDIT: anyone know if they are diesel (the canadien military one)?

Attachments

• Two_Canadian_Forces_G-Wagons.jpg
    Two_Canadian_Forces_G-Wagons.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Yes, they are diesel.

By the time they hit Crown Assets Disposal they will have been rebuilt 3 or 4 times and there won't be much left worth a damn... at least if track history with CDN military vehicles at CAD is any indicator.

Would love to have one...

eleblanc

Adventurer
Yes, they are diesel.

By the time they hit Crown Assets Disposal they will have been rebuilt 3 or 4 times and there won't be much left worth a damn... at least if track history with CDN military vehicles at CAD is any indicator.

Would love to have one...

That is why they will go for cheap!

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Wow, I missed this thread. Very nice looking trucks.

I'm curious which size of Autohome tent they have there? I don't think it's the large. Is it the medium? Man they look so nice up there painted the same colour as the truck.

hoser

Explorer
That's a great idea with the rubber band around the maggiolina! Less hopping from side to side tucking in the canvas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz