2nd Generation Tundra Building

NXN

Great Post - Please More Info

I think this is a great post and is helping greatly in my 2d Gen Tundra mods.

I have a couple of questions that will help me in my ignorance.

With the mods you are performing will the truck remain a viable daily driver for work, play, groceries, etc. or is it a mission specific vehicle used for back country travels only?

Does the AWD grossly effect MPGs over the on demand capabilities that the truck comes with and is there a marked performance increase with AWD on normal streets and highways?

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of costs are involved in your various modifications?

Great job on this. Thanks for starting it. There is a lot I need to pay attention to.

freeze

Adventurer
Some rare suspension....

ohlinsttxtundra.jpg

:Wow1:

bjowett

Adventurer
Like many folks vehicles on here this is a doitall... work, play, towing, plowing, kids....

The t-case comes from the Land Cruiser which is rated is rate at 13/18, the Tundra is 13/17. I noticed no loss of mpg after installing the case. The truck is a different animal with the AWD... much better manners all around.

Costs? The transfer case brandnew from Toyota retails for $2700. I got mine used for $1200. Here's the full write up on the swap. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/161713-project-traction/

What else would you like to know the price of?

I think this is a great post and is helping greatly in my 2d Gen Tundra mods.

I have a couple of questions that will help me in my ignorance.

With the mods you are performing will the truck remain a viable daily driver for work, play, groceries, etc. or is it a mission specific vehicle used for back country travels only?

Does the AWD grossly effect MPGs over the on demand capabilities that the truck comes with and is there a marked performance increase with AWD on normal streets and highways?

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of costs are involved in your various modifications?

Great job on this. Thanks for starting it. There is a lot I need to pay attention to.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I already wanted a new Tundra to replace my old F350... this thread just makes it worse :sombrero:

NXN

Thanks for sharing. I will check out the mod thread on the t-case. So far that and the paddle shift Lexus steering wheel are my favorites.

Where can you snag the Lexus steering wheel and what should we expect to pay?

bjowett

Adventurer
Lexus is250/350 steering wheels are all over the board... you can get them for as little as $150... check ebay and car-part.com. The airbag is the more expensive item... I purchased mine new for roughly $500.

The coil overs are Ohlins, top of the line stuff.

NXN

bjowett,

What tire and wheel combo are you currently running, are you planning on changing it and if so what's the plan?

bjowett

Adventurer
I currently have 35/12.5R18 Copper STT tires on stock wheels, they work well, a very nice tire.

The soon to be installed 17" Hutchinson Wheels, dual beadlock... there's nothing like a field servicable wheel. I have yet to decide on the tires.

itfits.jpg

bjowett

Adventurer
Tires.... 37/12.50R17 Yokohama Geolander MT+. The sideall tread is fairly substantial, but dosn't photo too well.

yokohama37.jpg

yokohama37side.jpg

yokohama3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online