Commuters

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Ride my bikes more then I drive our 2nd car (the one I drive when not riding). Since May of 08 (when I got back into riding) I am showing about 3300 miles on the bikes that have Odometers. I have several bikes without odometers and I have run about 25 bikes through here in the last 8 months on flips. Some of them I ride a little.

This is my current Daily driver.
attachment.php

It is a 1998 T700 Cannondale 25 inch frame. I have upgraded it to 9 Speed STI. Topeak Super tourist rack (was not on the bike in picture) Full set of Novara Paniers (not on it) for touring. For daily needs I use a MTX DXP trunk bag. 4.3 mile each way but I stretch the ride home out ot 10 miles on occasion. Love it. :bike_rider:

Here is a picture of the 400century from a week ago. Shut down a major 4lane hwy and let 1500 of us have a go at it.

attachment.php

In this next picture near the middle I think is me. I was wearing a orange jersey and rode that section with a guy in a blue shirt. Pretty sure that was us.

attachment.php

http://www.mtbtrailreview.com/blog/hospitality-highway-century-road-bike-ride/

Attachments

• 400centurystart.jpg
    400centurystart.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 583
  • riding-400s-highway.jpg
    riding-400s-highway.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 585

deadbeat son

Explorer
I have a 70 mile commute, so I just don't have time to make the ride to work. This is the bike I use when I'm riding farther distances around town:

IMG_1281.jpg

It's an old-school (1996 or 7?) Cannondale hybrid, but any bike looks good flat black. With the exception of the frame and fork, it's all new within the last year or so though.

Here's my neighborhood terrorizer/bar cruiser/etc:

IMG_1280.jpg

This is an old Schwinn B6 (1950s). The fork was ran over by a tractor and then straightened. From some field in Wyoming to my place by way of a cleanup/repaint done by a friend from Wyotech.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Since May of 08 (when I got back into riding) I am showing about 3300 miles on the bikes that have Odometers. I have several bikes without odometers and I have run about 25 bikes through here in the last 8 months on flips. Some of them I ride a little.

25 bikes? Dang! You can almost ride a different bike everyday of the month.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
25 bikes? Dang! You can almost ride a different bike everyday of the month.

I flip bikes. I find them neglected fix them up and resell them. Right now I am down to 7 riders and I really need to sell two or three of them but I really like them all. Thats not including my wifes three bikes. :bike_rider:

I think the 70ish Raleigh Grand Prix single speed is getting its gears back this weekend and sold. The 88 Hipster will get the single speed treatment (I need the cranks for a bike I am building for my wife) and sold. I think I may have to part with the 83 Fuji DelRey that has maybe 50 miles on it. Just a little small for me at 58cm.

Another Expeditions West Commuter

Here is my rig. This is the latest evolution, with straight bars and a 22t freewheel. No rack provisions is my only disappointment.

Nathan%27s%20Commuter%20%281%29.jpg

One rear brake, Campy side pull with Dia Comp BMX type lever

Nathan%27s%20Commuter%20%283%29.jpg

This wheel is my pride and joy. Custom built Paul's Hub with DT Swiss rim and black butted spokes with a recently added White free wheel.

Nathan%27s%20Commuter%20%282%29.jpg

bwhite829

Observer
i am picking mine up tomorrow...it's a brand new specialized sirrus with rack, a couple lights, 2 cages, etc....and i am waiting on my panniers in the mail...will post pics when i get it.

Sloan

Explorer
I just put a new set of the Swobo bars on the Big Dummy and love them.

Attachments

• swobobars.jpg
    swobobars.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 34

bwhite829

Observer
my new bike! i'm a day late...i'm waiting on a garment bag from nashbar that i got for $49.99 + tax and s&h.

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes//Product_10053_10052_166278_-1___

i will be getting some panniers to go on my first tour with the bike in august....i'll be doing 80 miles a day for 2 days. i will start commuting whenever i get the garment bag!

Attachments

• IMG_5899.JPG
    IMG_5899.JPG
    734.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5900.JPG
    IMG_5900.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5901.JPG
    IMG_5901.JPG
    614.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5902.JPG
    IMG_5902.JPG
    438.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5903.JPG
    IMG_5903.JPG
    518.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5904.JPG
    IMG_5904.JPG
    562.3 KB · Views: 21
D

Deleted member 9101

Unless its colder than 40 or raining insanely hard, my truck stays in the driveway:

Picture087.jpg

1x1_Speed_Craig

I don't commute to work often on it, but have done so occasionally in the past. My Steelman fixxie/SS 'cross bike is about as versatile (and simple) as they come. And my Chrome messenger "man bag" carries everything I need (and then some). :elkgrin:

Craig

steelmanEurocross.jpg

+

3251.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior