Commuters

Kursac

Observer
Come to think of it, I'll probably use the Montague, as I can fold it up and fit it inside the Peterbilt, rather than trying to find a safe place to stow the touring bike. Years ago, when I first got back into cycling ('99), I'd remove the front wheel, rest the rear wheel in the passenger footwell, and rest the front forks on the front of the bunk. That could still work with the Surly, but it'll just be easier with the Paratrooper.

You could take a loadlock and put it between the upper faring mounts, drill a hole in the loadlock plates and use the faring mounts with longer bolts. of-coarse your stacks could be and issue. You could then hang your bike on the back of the bunkhouse. I would put a grill cover over it also to keep it clean and out of sight. I don't understand why nobody produces a bike carrier for a semi.

Kursac

Observer
nice bikes Charlie!

I am a big fan of the new Specialized frame designs

Thank you, The Specialized Elite is my newest bicycle & very light compared to my FX. I am looking forward to next season on this bike. The FX is a fantastic bike. I have had it for 4 years anyway and couldn't be more pleased with its performance. It is only my foul weather bike because it has fenders but it is my touring bike. I want to keep the road bike as light as I can without sacrificing its usefulness to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz