My SAS Mazda B2600 Diesel Expedition project

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I recently found out that ARB makes a Bull Bar and OME makes a lift for my truck but there are none to be found in the US. :mad:

B2600.1990.jpg

TJM also makes a Bull Bar but they pulled out of the US market last year.

b260031.jpg

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I recently found out that ARB makes a Bull Bar and OME makes a lift for my truck but there are none to be found in the US. :mad:

B2600.1990.jpg

TJM also makes a Bull Bar but they pulled out of the US market last year.

b260031.jpg
That is AWESOME... You will not be let down by ARB/OME I have an OME suspension on my 4Runner and it rides great empty and even better loaded down.

Yeah my Runner is a 1st Gen and I've heard that the 2LT can be made (like nearly any diesel) to do well it's just got overheating and HG issues that I'm not willing to take over the unbelivabley reliable 22RE I have right now. And, honestly, I feel like the 1st Gen's might be alittle porkier then the 2nd Gen's what witht that big thick glass top on the back. It's not light by any means... With it off however the truck feels like it FLIES even with the 33's and 4.10's.

What size tires are you thinking of running??? I say Expo approved and loved 33/10.50 or 255/85's. Tall and skinny would look SAWEET!!!!

Cheers

Dave

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
What size tires are you thinking of running??? I say Expo approved and loved 33/10.50 or 255/85's. Tall and skinny would look SAWEET!!!!

Cheers

Dave

I couldn't agree more, I hate wide tires. I'm thinking some Goodyear MTR's. Maybe something like a 31x9.5?

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Wow, that truck has been babied!

I am looking forward to seeing your plans come together and hearing more about the engine swap!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Have you checked with ARBUSA to see if its something they can get. It might have a sizeable lead time to get from AUS but I've been able to get some pretty odd ball stuff in the past. If you would like give me a ring and I'd be happy to look into it for you. :D

Funrover

Expedition Leader
This is going to be fun to watch, bummer about the no longer in america products, However for a bumper I would go to a reliable fab shop if you can't do it yourself

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Have you checked with ARBUSA to see if its something they can get. It might have a sizeable lead time to get from AUS but I've been able to get some pretty odd ball stuff in the past. If you would like give me a ring and I'd be happy to look into it for you. :D

Actually, there is a guy on this board that works for ARB that said they could get these parts on the next boat over. :)

meathead

Thats a sweet B2600! That 2.6 is a mitsu engine. The B2000 and 2200 was a Mazda engine. Had several 2000, 2200's. They do run forever and can take a beating. I don't recall the Mazda mechanics being to fond of the 2.6 though. There wasn't much aftermarket support for the B2600 in '89! The chassis and all should be up to whatever you throw at it! Had a 4x2 extended cab that regularly hauled 12-1300 pounds of rock! Was smashed head on by a one-ton Ford. Pry bar, come-along, and junkyard radiator, drove it another year and half!
Always wanted a B2600 just like that though. It is a super clean little truck!

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Mine is the B2600i so it is the fuel injected Mazda engine. The older B2600 is the carbed Mitsubishi engine which was a bird nest of vacume hoses. LOL

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
My front bumper is all finished except for driving lights. I had this made by RLC Welding and Fabrication, I told him what I wanted and he made it happen. Great guy and does fantastic work!!!

636604160_x3VdA-L.jpg

636602505_MKVs5-L.jpg

636604892_aQA6u-L.jpg

636605680_mJyBw-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier