My SAS Mazda B2600 Diesel Expedition project

bitoy

Observer
very nice truck and i love the bumpers!

Good luck on the built up. I have a 4x2 b2200 for 22 years running and i must say these trucks are workhorses. They wont quit.

Post pics please.

Cheers.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
HOLY!!!!!!!! That bumper is awesome!!!! is that custom or an old ARB??? I love how little it sticks out and how tight to the body it is. THis truck is looking great!!! now we just need some more pictures and some adventure stories to go with it eh ;)

Cheers

Dave

EDIT: Nevermind I see that you had the bumper made. Like I said, I love it.

Last edited:

tomaco1

Observer
Bumper and diesel

I'm in the process of putting a Diesel in a 1988 b2600, and looking for a nice front bumper like yours.
I pulled the carbed engine out and I'm in the process of buying a 4d56. Unfortunately the truck That I found was nowhere near as nice as the one you have.
How pricey was that bumper? If you don't mind me asking.
And I was also wondering if you have any words of wisdom on the diesel or the bumper?
I was thinking of trying to fit the warn toyota rock crawler bumper.
Thanks

Last edited:

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I'm in the process of putting a Diesel in a 1988 b2600, and looking for a nice front bumper like yours.
I pulled the carbed engine out and I'm in the process of buying a 4d56. Unfortunately the truck That I found was nowhere near as nice as the one you have.
How pricey was that bumper? If you don't mind me asking.
And I was also wondering if you have any words of wisdom on the diesel or the bumper?
I was thinking of trying to fit the warn toyota rock crawler bumper.
Thanks

I've got about $700 in it including powder coating. The 4d56 will be a direct bolt in. There are only a few wires to connect so that will be easy.
Where did you find a 4D56? That's what's been holding me up.

Last edited:

tomaco1

Observer
Hey Jeff,
I haven't checked in in a while to see what's up with your project?
I've decided to use the engine mounts and tranny out of the 1988 b2600 and use them on my 1993, its in much better shape.
Have you found an engine yet? I've got one lined up, but the guy isn't very flexible on price. He may have 2.
I still haven't found a bumper, but I have found a place that makes replacement vinyl flooring for the truck, to replace the carpet.

I've got about $700 in it including powder coating. The 4d56 will be a direct bolt in. There are only a few wires to connect so that will be easy.
Where did you fine a 4D56? That's what's been holding me up.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Is it the guy on the west coast?

I haven't really been looking lately, mine just runs so good I hate to pull it unless I get a good offer for it.

tomaco1

Observer
Yeah, he is a west coast guy, he wants like $2600 shipped to NY. Its supposed to be a low mileage from Japan, but I figure it would need a new clutch and some timing belts on top of that.
My 2.6 runs good also, its just I have no idea what been done to it, and it has almost 200,000 miles on it. Gas mileage is also terrible.
The vast improvement in my Land Rover makes me want to put a diesel in the Mazda also.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Yeah, he is a west coast guy, he wants like $2600 shipped to NY. Its supposed to be a low mileage from Japan, but I figure it would need a new clutch and some timing belts on top of that.
My 2.6 runs good also, its just I have no idea what been done to it, and it has almost 200,000 miles on it. Gas mileage is also terrible.
The vast improvement in my Land Rover makes me want to put a diesel in the Mazda also.

Did you ever get the 4D56?

tomaco1

Observer
4d56t

I did get the engine about 2 months ago, from Soshin out in Cali, I decided to get a 1988 Mazda B2600 because it is supposed to be an easier swap. I also figured my 93 runs great so why mess with it. I just got the truck last week due to a nightnare with shipping brokers.
The engine looks good, other than the cooling system being a bit gunked up. I did the timing and balancing belts, waterpump, etc. I also had to get the oil pan modified and the pickup extended.
I also sorced a aircleaner housing and an intercooler from a junkyard in the Uk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne