My SAS Mazda B2600 Diesel Expedition project

ibanezer

Adventurer
Man this is one of my favorite builds. So simple but so cool. This thread actually led me to Expedition Portal when I was researching the 93 I had a few years ago, this has probably been one of my top 5 visited sites ever since.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Man this is one of my favorite builds. So simple but so cool. This thread actually led me to Expedition Portal when I was researching the 93 I had a few years ago, this has probably been one of my top 5 visited sites ever since.

Nice looking truck!!!

Last edited:

cdubrun

Great thread! Makes me glad I bought one of these this past weeked :)

What did your bed topper come off of? I can't seem to find any "direct fit" and am not sure what else is compatible.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
It came from another Mazda from the same vintage. It is the topper that was made for these trucks., they probably don't make them new anymore.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I decided to have my rockers and bumpers sprayed with Line-X, what do y'all think?

IMG_0990-L.jpg

IMG_0992-L.jpg

IMG_0994-L.jpg

ibanezer

Adventurer
NICE! I haven't looked through this thread in a while, did you ever end up taking the Mazda on the TAT? And how many miles is that since the engine swap?

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I got rear ended today destroying my custom rear bumper and the body panel behind it. I think the frame may be bent down a tad as well. I did fare better than the mini van though...

56072852885__97C25FD3-11A1-47B6-A38B-DA922323F7C7-L.jpg

IMG_0032-L.jpg

56072854221__0A989160-2161-4442-8184-4DCD8BD34FB5-L.jpg

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
So I finally after all of these years installed an intercooler. This is a factory one from a Mitsubishi Pajero. The install was pretty easy, I just had to bend the two brackets that bolt to the core support a little and make a bracket for the rear to mount to the fire wall.

There is a noticeable power difference and I picked up another 5psi of boost.

IMG_0194-L.jpg

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I moved the stereo up to the pocket that's right under the air vents. By using a mechless stereo (no CD player) I was able to mount it without removing or modifying the duct work for those vents that's behind the panel. This makes reaching the stereo much easier and safer. I was also able to move my CB up to where the stereo was and reinstall the original pocket underneath the CB....

smugshot_7937146-XL.jpg

IMG_0199-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles