Cool San Diego Craigslist Finds....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Cool San Diego Craigslist Finds....

I constantly check my local San Diego Craigslist for cool 4x4 Finds.

Here is one. I'll post up more when I find them.

You can do that too!

The problem is.....these ads self destruct in about 7 days. So it is always changing.

Feel free to post up your very cool San Diego Craigslist Finds!

~~~~~~~~

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/rvs/1295438814.html

The Ad....

OFF ROAD Motorhome - $150000 (Scripps Ranch)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-07-29, 11:40AM PDT
Reply to: sale-yh84p-1295438814@craigslist.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Off Road Motorhome
Chassis – 6X6 M35-A3, powered by a Caterpillar 3116 engine, Allison AT 1545 automatic transmission and Rockwell 2.5 ton top loading axles with over-drive gearing. Additional features include a hydraulic winch, Central Tire Inflation System, air-ride leather seats, air over hydraulic brakes, exhaust brake, air assist steering, cold-start ether starting system and double layer sound insulation (still not really quiet).

Coachworks include 2 sleeping areas (one double bed and one queen), full kitchen with 3-burner stove, gas oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, large stainless steel sink and real granite counter top. Bath includes porcelain sink and toilet with full standup shower. All floors are natural cork and all cabinet faces are solid maple. Creature comforts include a 6-gal. water heater, air conditioning and forced air heating in the coach.

Coach construction is welded square-tube steel covered by an aluminum skin with a baked on finish and fully insulated walls and roof. There are outside lockable side storage compartments, outdoor shower/cleaning station, patio awning and additional enclosed storage on the roof.

Other Features include: Walk-on roof, 100-watt solar and 5-KW propane generator, TV with in-motion satellite 4-person intercom system and 2.5 ton Jeep trailer w/ air brakes.

Specifications:
Overall Length 24'
Width 8'
Height 12'-6'
Interior heights 7'-0"
Fresh Water 70gal. Heated
Gray Water 45 gal. Heated
Black Water 25 gal. Heated
LPG Capacity 2 X 10 gal
Fuel Capacity 50 + 30 gal.
Wet Weight +/-19,000 lbs.

History:
This vehicle was commissioned to the U.S. military in 1973 as an M-35 A2 and assigned V.I.N. 054010965. In 1996, the vehicle was purchased privately and sent to AM General where it was completely reconditioned and converted to an M-35 A3. I purchased the vehicle in early 2003 with less than 500 miles since the reconditioning. In 2004, I contracted with Ultra Haulers of Corona, California to remove the “Conestoga Wagon” back and build the motor home coach works. The current mileage is +/-17,500 Questions: please call Bill @ 619-322-6287

6x6Mack-1.jpg

Interior....
6x6MackInterior.jpg

On the sand....
6x6macksand.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

The Perfect Tow your Jeep Rig!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/rvs/1294014295.html

--ONE OF A KIND-- 87 TIOGA RV--4X4 6.0 TURBO DIESEL --MUST SEE--- - $14499 (SAN DIEGO)

Date: 2009-07-28, 3:04PM PDT
Reply to: sale-69mqa-1294014295@craigslist.org

1987 FORD TIOGA MOTOR HOME A MUST SEE ONE OF A KIND 4X4 POWERSTOKE TURBO DIESEL. MOTOR TRANS AND DRIVTRAIN OUT OF A 2006 F-350. ONLY 33K MILES ON DRIVETRAIN. THIS THING WILL GO AND PULL ANYTHING ANYWHERE!!! SLEEPS 6 HAS A 4K WATT GEN COLD ROOF AC, LOTS OF EXTRAS TOO MUCH TO LIST. the motor home has been registered as a diesel so no smog is needed. All paperwork has been done right. new paint, carpet AC unit. looks great!!

Ford4x4RV.jpg

I could live like this! Even though I would have to move after 14 days, just 25 miles away!....:elkgrin::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

1987TiogaInterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Saw this on my local San Diego Craigslist and thought I would throw it out there for discussion, because it's fun to dream.

This ad will self distruct in 7 days.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/boa/1334072670.html

34' Sailboat - $4500 (Mission Bay)

This is a custom build from 1967. The hull has recently been re-glassed over wood and is extremely watertight. There are brand new, extremely comfortable, custom cushions in the v-berth which cost more than $1000. There is an inboard 20+ hp diesel engine which needs to be installed and is worth the price of the boat. Admittedly, the boat needs work, but I have put some time and money into it and it is a steal at this price. I have recently purchased a new boat and need to sell ASAP. Any reasonable offer will be considered, first come, first serve. The slip may be transferrable also.

34Sailboat.jpg

34sailboat2.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wouldn't it be fun to find a great deal like this and get 4 or more guys together as a partnership/ownership.

Just 4 guys, $1,000 each to buy the boat.

Marine slip $200 divided by 4= $50 bucks per month.

Plus a maintenance account to be determined.

Just thinking out loud, and fun to dream.

ExPo Parties by the Bay!:sombrero:

That tioga looks sweet.

Did you see the 1st gen 4runner out in el cajon area a couple of weeks ago for $1500?
It was stripped on the inside, but looked in okay shape overall. Wish i was down there to check it out. Gone now. Damn work keeps me in oxnard most of the time.
Found one up here that might work though.

whitecon

Observer

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/rvs/1294014295.html

--ONE OF A KIND-- 87 TIOGA RV--4X4 6.0 TURBO DIESEL --MUST SEE--- - $14499 (SAN DIEGO)

Date: 2009-07-28, 3:04PM PDT
Reply to: sale-69mqa-1294014295@craigslist.org

1987 FORD TIOGA MOTOR HOME A MUST SEE ONE OF A KIND 4X4 POWERSTOKE TURBO DIESEL. MOTOR TRANS AND DRIVTRAIN OUT OF A 2006 F-350. ONLY 33K MILES ON DRIVETRAIN. THIS THING WILL GO AND PULL ANYTHING ANYWHERE!!! SLEEPS 6 HAS A 4K WATT GEN COLD ROOF AC, LOTS OF EXTRAS TOO MUCH TO LIST. the motor home has been registered as a diesel so no smog is needed. All paperwork has been done right. new paint, carpet AC unit. looks great!!

Ford4x4RV.jpg

I could live like this! Even though I would have to move after 14 days, just 25 miles away!....:elkgrin::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

1987TiogaInterior.jpg

I saw that thing parked at the Jimbo's parking lot in Encinitas the other day. It's extremely clean.

blupaddler

Conspirator
I have seen that boat, I believe it's in Quivira basin.
Oh, and you can't find slip fees in Mission Bay for less than $10 a foot, so more like $340 month (not to rain on your parade).

I drive all the time thinking & dreaming about boat ownership. Until I snap back into reality...

Oh, and you can't find slip fees in Mission Bay for less than $10 a foot, so more like $340 month (not to rain on your parade).

I drive all the time thinking & dreaming about boat ownership. Until I snap back into reality...

Find something towable if you have parking for it:)

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader

You guys know, the only boat that will meet your needs, let you enjoy it and not empty your pocketbook....

is someone else's boat.

:sombrero:

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
You guys know, the only boat that will meet your needs, let you enjoy it and not empty your pocketbook...
is someone else's boat

My father in law (who has owned several boats) always says "there's 2 good days in a boat owners life... the day he buys it and the dy he sells it". Having had 2 I firmly agree. But I still want one to live on when I retire!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Don't know the miles, but looks well cared for.

This ad will self distruct in 7 days.

Mercedes G wagon 4x4 lockers - $9897 (Carlsbad)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/1345767925.html

Sweet rare Mercedes G wagon do not pay $80K new. This is a 1981 runs great, recaro seats, front and rear lockers with super low gearing climb like a mtn goat, rare factory air conditioning (needs charge), pwr steering. Sweet ad on Mercedes bumper with offroad lights, all original. may trade plus cash. Has nicer factory alloy wheels.

GWagon2.jpg

GWagon.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

This has been for sale for a long time.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1411637829.html

pigcamper.jpg

1971 land cruiser FJ55 with camper - $12995 (Bonita)

Date: 2009-10-07, 9:43PM PDT
Reply to: sale-5qxgt-1411637829@craigslist.org

1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55. This SUV has been restored from the ground up:

1) The engine has been converted to a Chevy 5.7L V8 350 engine by professionals.

2) All of the interior has been reupholstered to a sand/green color, which were the original factory colors.

3) The paint was recently redone completely.

4) All of the accessories to the engine including the master brake cylinder, the alternator, the distributor, the carburetor, and all belts and hoses have been replaced.

5) There is a built-in tent on top of the roof that opens up into a six-man already made living space, which is perfect for camping, with a newly reupholstered floor, and also includes 2 electrical outlets for all of your camping needs. It is VERY uniqueand compact.

6) Four rugged tires excellent for off-roading, and 4x4ing. Because it is a 4x4, all the transfer case, the clutch, and the transmission, have been redone and gone through by pro mechanic Tio Nionio.

7) I have spent 35000 in the last 8 years fixing this up, and making it into a monster of a 4x4, called, "THE BEAST" :)

8) It has an oversized bumper perfect for a winch, and has two military bullet boxes in the front for storage, e.g. hunting/bullets.

9) It has a very large special 60-gallon tank that, when filled up, you can for example, travel from San Diego to La Paz, Baja California, on one tank.

10) Inside the cabin, the floors have been re-carpeted, and re-stitched to a beautiful forest-green-color carpet with plenty of padding which makes riding comfortable.

11) The steering column was recently completely re-built at a cost of $1200.

12) 2 pro-comp brand new front shocks.

13) Hand made wooden dash speedometer trim display and a complete hand-made wooden display for controls was also put in.

14) Will also accept trades, favorably a 1969 Dodge Charger in mint condition with a 396 or bigger engine preferably the 440 Hemi just like the Dukes of Hazzard car.

Overall, there is a lot more to be mentioned. I know that I will never get all of my money back, because when you, for example, have a toy like this, you will always keep on investing in it to make it better. You'd need to see it for yourself as well as test drive it for yourself to appreciate it. Serious inquiries only, no dealers. Please call Bobby for a private showing with an appointment only, at 619-504-9493. Or for specific pictures, please email me a message asking for them at ....babakbm1@aim.com..... Please call especially if you are a Land Cruiser enthusiast, and would like to sell to one who enjoys them. I also have a lot of knowledge on how to find parts for the best prices and how to get discounts for very hard-to-find parts. Thank you very much for the patience you put in to read all of this... (But it is very much worth the call!)

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I emailed this guy today.

He did not give me a price. He claims he just wants to trade for a Baja Bug.

I want this truck! Should I just tell him I will buy him a Baja Bug>?!!!!:ylsmoke:

~~~~~~~~~

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1605371305.html

1981 toyota trekker trade 4 baja bug (oside)

Date: 2010-02-17, 12:41PM PST

i would like to trade my toyota treker for a baja bug.the truck runs and drives great.the 4 wheel drive works,and it has power steering.supper rare truck,they only made 1500 of them. its the prototype to the 4runner.

1981Trekker.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94