2KW Portable Diesel Air Heater

hawk73

2kw Diesel heaters prices have now dropped to $69.00. A 2kw heater will eastly heat your unit. Crafting your all-in-one diesel heater unit using a Ridgid case from Home Depot is not only a cost-effective solution but also an efficient way to bring warmth to various spaces like tents, campers, garage or other environments. In this step-by-step guide, we'll walk you through the process of assembling this project using the Ridgid case and incorporating 3D-printed components. https://www.instructables.com/DIY-All-in-One-Diesel-Heater-Unit-in-a-Ridgid-Case/

Attachments

• 20240127_121001.jpg
    20240127_121001.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240127_153726.jpg
    20240127_153726.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240127_165126.jpg
    20240127_165126.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240130_180849.jpg
    20240130_180849.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240130_180858.jpg
    20240130_180858.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240130_182011.jpg
    20240130_182011.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

Dave in AZ

3d printed components... yeaahh... don't have one, don't know how to use one, at the cost of my time to mess with that I could instead buy a $3000 premade heater and still be ahead. "Buy a $65 heater, then waste $3000 of your time" is no economy...

I respect the effort shown, and it's cool someone went to all the trouble to design amd share plastic parts printer files, but in this case it just makes no sense unless someone just wants to learn a new plastic printer and end up with an inferior result.

Here's one for $76, already all done in an all in one, with a metal case etc. Except it's 8kw and better.

KYBOLT 8KW Diesel Heater, Diesel Air Heater All in One 12V, Portable Diesel Heater with LCD Monitor & Remote Control, 5L, for Vehicles RV Truck Boat Bus Motorhomes Caravans https://a.co/d/d8MU2ZR

Last edited:

tall

2kw Diesel heaters prices have now dropped to $69.00. A 2kw heater will eastly heat your unit. Crafting your all-in-one diesel heater unit using a Ridgid case from Home Depot is not only a cost-effective solution but also an efficient way to bring warmth to various spaces like tents, campers, garage or other environments. In this step-by-step guide, we'll walk you through the process of assembling this project using the Ridgid case and incorporating 3D-printed components. https://www.instructables.com/DIY-All-in-One-Diesel-Heater-Unit-in-a-Ridgid-Case/
Nice build. What's your 60mm connector piece? I know a lot of people use car MAF adapters but those are usually ~75mm.

3d printed components... yeaahh... don't have one, don't know how to use one, at the cost of my time to mess with that I could instead buy a $3000 premade heater and still be ahead. "Buy a $65 heater, then waste $3000 of your time" is no economy...

I respect the effort shown, and it's cool someone went to all the trouble to design amd share plastic parts printer files, but in this case it just makes no sense unless someone just wants to learn a new plastic printer and end up with an inferior result.

Here's one for $76, already all done in an all in one, with a metal case etc. Except it's 8kw and better.

KYBOLT 8KW Diesel Heater, Diesel Air Heater All in One 12V, Portable Diesel Heater with LCD Monitor & Remote Control, 5L, for Vehicles RV Truck Boat Bus Motorhomes Caravans https://a.co/d/d8MU2ZR
I think the idea is that you can custom print 3d parts if you are into that. Or you can buy the parts already printed (this guy for example). Or else there's plenty of other ways to build one out using less slick but doable DIY options. You don't have to go out and buy a printer and learn to 3d print to make this happen.

Also, 8kw Chinese heaters aren't better, because they don't exist. They rebrand random heaters as 8kw to make people think they're getting more vs a 5kw. Also, even 5kw is too hot for most overlanding rigs or RTTs. 2kw heaters by all reports seem to be plenty for anything less than a full size travel trailer or RV. Finally, the all-in-ones you linked (putting aside the fake 8kw part) have their uses but I wouldn't say they're better than a case-built unit -- at least not for overlanding use. The DIY case-built options are more weather resistant and more portable, for example.

NikonRon

Adventurer
Also may want to take a look at the completely intergrated units with fuel tank built in and no case required. Around $80.00

plh

Explorer

Yes, there are many options for diesel heaters. I do like the Rigid case as I already use these in my vehicle, and I have a 3D printer, learning curve is really short if you are somewhat technical surprisingly.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
2kw Diesel heaters prices have now dropped to $69.00. A 2kw heater will eastly heat your unit. Crafting your all-in-one diesel heater unit using a Ridgid case from Home Depot is not only a cost-effective solution but also an efficient way to bring warmth to various spaces like tents, campers, garage or other environments. I
Or a pre-built unit for $69-$79.

dheater.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
FYI be careful with "cheap" plastics in your hot air routing. You can end up with a super toxic mix of air. There is a reason the "other" brands cost more.

hawk73

Nice build. What's your 60mm connector piece? I know a lot of people use car MAF adapters but those are usually ~75mm.

I think the idea is that you can custom print 3d parts if you are into that. Or you can buy the parts already printed (this guy for example). Or else there's plenty of other ways to build one out using less slick but doable DIY options. You don't have to go out and buy a printer and learn to 3d print to make this happen.

Also, 8kw Chinese heaters aren't better, because they don't exist. They rebrand random heaters as 8kw to make people think they're getting more vs a 5kw. Also, even 5kw is too hot for most overlanding rigs or RTTs. 2kw heaters by all reports seem to be plenty for anything less than a full size travel trailer or RV. Finally, the all-in-ones you linked (putting aside the fake 8kw part) have their uses but I wouldn't say they're better than a case-built unit -- at least not for overlanding use. The DIY case-built options are more weather resistant and more portable, for example.
60mm connector piece can be found on Amazon by searching Ducting Connector Straight Air Heater Duct Joiner Connector Pipe 2.36'' 60mm OD

chet6.7

Explorer
Wow !
Thats about 30% price drop from last year.
Happy I quit selling Espars several years ago.
Espar is definitely better product. But over ten times the price !
I am plenty happy with the couple China heaters I bought last year...
What brands of Chinese heaters did you buy?
Thanks.

plh

Explorer
I have read mixed reviews on the brands I have looked at, so I am looking for something that isn't junk. Thanks for the reply.
I'm guessing they all come from the same factory, but get new names slapped on by the Chinese resellers. I have a Vevor.

chet6.7

Explorer
I'm guessing they all come from the same factory, but get new names slapped on by the Chinese resellers. I have a Vevor.
I suspect you are correct about the names being pulled out of a hat. A guy I watch has a Vevor, he liked it, possibly because he gets free stuff. When I looked into that brand there were mixed results.
How do you like yours?

plh

Explorer
I suspect you are correct about the names being pulled out of a hat. A guy I watch has a Vevor, he liked it, possibly because he gets free stuff. When I looked into that brand there were mixed results.
How do you like yours?
It works well actually. It is the slim / taller model with with the built in case. I think I paid $74 delivered on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior