2nd/3rd row seats fold to bed

WyoTero

So I recently learned you can fold second/third row seats into a bed. I have a 1998 gen 2.5. I have figured out the third row, but the second row is giving me troubles. The backrest should drop down some and the seat should slide forward.

When I pull the lower side lever, the backrest drops down, but the seat is stuck and won’t slide. It goes like 2cm before hitting something, and I think it’s supposed to go about 6in.

I attached a photo of the cable I THINK is responible after the lever is pulled.

Help!

WyoTero

I don’t know why, but it says my attachment photo is too large...its just a single, normal photo taken on my phone

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Dude, after you texted me i went and tried mine. You were right, it should slide way forward. One of mine was sticky but i tumbled it forward then re set it in the seating position and it worked after that. Seems to be real picky about its starting position.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I have seen this done already a few times...I haven't tried it on mine yet. Maybe something I will do this coming weekend.

PacS14

Adventurer
So I recently learned you can fold second/third row seats into a bed. I have a 1998 gen 2.5. I have figured out the third row, but the second row is giving me troubles. The backrest should drop down some and the seat should slide forward.

When I pull the lower side lever, the backrest drops down, but the seat is stuck and won’t slide. It goes like 2cm before hitting something, and I think it’s supposed to go about 6in.

I attached a photo of the cable I THINK is responible after the lever is pulled.

Help!
The driver and passenger seat will need to be moved forward all the way, the middle seat slides forward right against it then folds back. There's a YouTube video that shows the process, that's how I learned to do that on my 99. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Coachgeo

Explorer
I don’t know why, but it says my attachment photo is too large...its just a single, normal photo taken on my phone
Your kidding right? If not.. totally matters your phone settings. Phones and tablets can take huge and high quality pics that create a very large file.

PacS14

Adventurer
Your kidding right? If not.. totally matters your phone settings. Phones and tablets can take huge and high quality pics that create a very large file.
No, not kidding, that's the same problem I was getting when using the web version of the portal. Download Tapatalk on your phone and use that for the portal and you'll be able to attach pictures.

Coachgeo

Explorer
No, not kidding, that's the same problem I was getting when using the web version of the portal. Download Tapatalk on your phone and use that for the portal and you'll be able to attach pictures.

NO NO NO NO NO.... absolutely DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!!

Tapatalk host the pics..... they do not get attached to here at all..... Tapatalk is sneakly becoming the new photobucket without telling you that it is what it is doing. Guarantee you they will eventually hold your photos hostage and / or simply stop hosting like ALL the other pic hosting sites have done over the last 30 years. Each and every time a host site closes or holds ransom over pics ... thousands of great threads on bulletin boards like this one..... turn into useless threads of junk...... cause pictures disappear.

ATTACH THEM HERE PROPERLY... either from your hard drive.... or even from the tapatalk url it places inside your post.

WyoTero

Dude, after you texted me i went and tried mine. You were right, it should slide way forward. One of mine was sticky but i tumbled it forward then re set it in the seating position and it worked after that. Seems to be real picky about its starting position.
Yeah, I've tumbled it 4 or 5 times and its still stuck. Both seats are stuck in the exact same position, feels like the system doesn't activate all the way, and is leaving whatever keeps the seat from sliding in normal driving in place. I'm pretty sure I will somehow have to adjust cables? but lately its been pushed to the backburner with exams. Additionally, we never knew about this feature in the 15+ years we owned the car so nothing should be broken from wear...

WyoTero

The driver and passenger seat will need to be moved forward all the way, the middle seat slides forward right against it then folds back. There's a YouTube video that shows the process, that's how I learned to do that on my 99. Good luck!

Yep. Middle seat not sliding is the problem

PacS14

Adventurer

NO NO NO NO NO.... absolutely DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!!

Tapatalk host the pics..... they do not get attached to here at all..... Tapatalk is sneakly becoming the new photobucket without telling you that it is what it is doing. Guarantee you they will eventually hold your photos hostage and / or simply stop hosting like ALL the other pic hosting sites have done over the last 30 years. Each and every time a host site closes or holds ransom over pics ... thousands of great threads on bulletin boards like this one..... turn into useless threads of junk...... cause pictures disappear.

ATTACH THEM HERE PROPERLY... either from your hard drive.... or even from the tapatalk url it places inside your post.
Calm down! This site has dumped pictures in the past. Every host will eventually try to make a profit, if Google would create a link would be best, but you can only do that if you learn how to do HTML manually and there's no say when Google will stop allowing that either. Enjoy the threads with pictures as long as possible,but there's a high chance when they switch hosts again more pictures will be lost. I said Tapatalk because that way I don't have to resize pictures from my phone. I'll use whatever is easier for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998