2nd Gen Tacoma: Your favorite aluminum front bumper

mike2100

Observer
Hello all,

I need to replace the front bumper on my truck sooner than I had planned (snow incident) but I don't think I've done enough research yet to know which bumper I really want.

I know I want aluminum plated to keep the weight down.

The 2 options I'm looking at closely are the All-Pro Expedition series and the Pelfreybilt. So far it seems the Pelfreybilt has a more gradual slope underneath, which seems like it would be beneficial in some situations (going up a short, vertical or near vertical wall of dirt). The pelfreybilt also has a provision for a 20" LED light bar built into, and it's about $100 cheaper.

I don't think I can go wrong with either option, but if anyone has any knowledge that might put me over the edge toward one or the other, that would be much appreciated!

-added a picture. As you can see it's not bad and definitely still drivable, but needs to be replaced.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Ikarus

Observer
Pelfreybilt for sure. One little thing is that the All Pro is just flat on top, while the Pelfreybilt conforms to the lines of a 12+. All Pro's bumpers were designed on an 05-11 and never changed for the updated body style. Plus Pelfreybilt has great customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger