Adventurer
no affiliation.

very cool, but 40K??.... not so sure...
DSCF0990.208135931.jpg

DSCF0999.208141323.jpg

http://boulderoffroadvans.com/1994_4x4_airstream_rv

Esmi

Explorer
I am not so sure $40K sounds so bad at all, considering what it is.

If you take the generous view that it's an upgrade from a similarly-equipped Sportsmobile, then it does not seem particularly expensive.

(Not that I am in the market. This fool and his money have already parted.)

xped

Adventurer
I passed on one of these at an auction, the high bidder got it for $3000. I guess I should of stayed in the bidding.

Even having a professional 4x4 conversion would of netted me a $27,000 profit.

Salem Kroger is only 30 minutes away maybe I should start snagging up camper vans and converting them.

haven

Expedition Leader
Anything with the word "Airstream" on it is going to cost you.
Similar 1990s B190 Airstreams in good shape (but without the 4x4
conversion) generally cost $12K to $15K. I agree with Esmi,
the camper part of the Airstream is better built than the
similarly equipped Sportsmobile.

Quigley charges an extra $12K for the 4x4 conversion, but I think
they only work on new vans. Salem Kroger is more likely to
work on a used vehicle. Add extra $$$ for dual shocks, lockers,
fancy off-road bumpers, etc.

Here's a page that lists 4x4 conversion companies http://www.thundersgarage.com/4x4vc.html

Esmi

Explorer
About Boulder Offroad

I clicked around the Boulder Offroad website after oogling the Airstream, and I suggest you other people do the same. Perhaps they are well known to this board already -- if not they should be. (Cool 4x4 Astro, and cool 4X4 class C).

Note to Boulder Offroad, if you are reading this: One of your ads refers to an Emaculate something or other. You might want to spell check that -- we eliders read it as "emasculate," however upon further reflection, I think you meant "immaculate.":)

Everyone else: Check them out !!!

brettf

Adventurer
From what I can tell, Boulder Offroad has some cool builds running around - I think they did many of the 4x4 conversions for the DHL vans here in CO.

But yeah... they suck at spelling :)

Outback

Explorer
Thats a nice looking Airstream! The wife and kids will be joining me next summer as I work. At least they will be close by so I can spend the nights with them. This might be just the ticket!

Maybe with a diesel it might be worth it.
Id be afraid of toppling that thing over on every turn. Im know its mostly air up there but it just lOOks so top heavy.

Maddmatt

Explorer
I don't know this guy, or the vehicle, but he lives two streets over, I drive by this van every morning - guess I should stop and say HI, huh.

Anyway, from the cleanliness and other vehicles in the drive way (very nicely built FJ Cruiser and really really nicely built FZJ80) I would hazard a guess that this van is in very good shape and very well cared for. Just my 2 pennies.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
This rig is considerably taller than Boomer. It appears from the interior pics that sleeping can occur perpendicularly to the centerline of the vehicle...most likely due to the topper overhang. A very neat rig though I have to agree....diesel would make this thing truly cool.

Spence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles