Get this: Factory Nissan Snorkel

articulate

Expedition Leader
Available in Australia as an option on the new Frontier / Navara:
snorkel_1.jpg

snorkel_2.jpg

This one is not in Australia, though. Via a connection down under, a fella in California simply imported the unit to install it on his truck. A really impressive thing about it is that it came with a new fender that he painted to match. So, you could feasibly undo this mod if necessary. It's pretty slick. He's made a thread at a Frontier-user's site here. In order to utilize the fender that was included, he had to take apart the front end. Yin-yang, again.

It's pretty cool.

The road goes on forever, and the party never ends.
:camping:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I believe that Nissan and Toyota (probably most others) offer really cool things from the factory, like bull bars and winches, too.

articulate

Expedition Leader
I think that even though these are "factory options" in Australia the item itself is most likely manufactured by TJM or similar. Outsourcing: the future, today.

If you go to a dealer in the States, they'll probably laugh at the idea of a Nissan snorkel. Know what I mean?

viter

Adventurer
it would be interesting to show this photo to a dealer here in US and ask if they could order it for you

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
david despain said:
so far i like the safari, arb, snorkel the best as far as looks go.

I must agree totally. That TJM one just looks odd.

Yeah, the salesmen always gather 'round Stormy and gawk at my snorkel. Those guys don't know what one is to begin with.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
viter said:
it would be interesting to show this photo to a dealer here in US and ask if they could order it for you
I've asked my parts guy about this once and it sounds like getting parts not in the North American system isn't all that easy. I'd have to think it would be easier for a Toyota dealer, but I dunno. If they could, maybe we should get Toyota NA to put the 1KZ-TE in the system, along with the snorkel and bull bar!

articulate

Expedition Leader
erin said:
:littlefriend: So why don't you just order that thing and get it out of your system!!
Awwwww. . .
This thread is for posterity. :) I'm waiting for the "real deal" ARB unit, baby.

Besides, what else are we talking about 'round here with Scott and Chris gone? While we wait for tonight's SEMA update. . .

Sure enough boys, it would be fun to see what a U.S. dealer would say to these photos. Transporting goods from Australia is easy, but it's also difficult if all you are sourcing is one lonely snorkel. You'd likely need a buddy on the other side to toss you the pitch - so to speak.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I think it looks pretty cool, kinda looks like the Tacoma model to me the way it tucks in behind the fender.

mauricio_28

Adventurer
articulate said:
... a fella in California simply imported the unit to install it on his truck...

How does this jive with the fact that Australian vehicles are right-hand drive while US cars are lefties?

madizell

Explorer
I don't think the location of the snorkel is driven by the location of the steering equipment. Right side or left, it plumbs to the intake one way or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke