Camping @ Cinders - Flagstaff, AZ

05LR3AZ

Adventurer
This past weekend I took my family out to Cinders OHV area near Flagstaff, AZ to meet up with some other Land Rover owners...it was my first trip to the area after having researched it a few times for a potential trip...

Looking out the window as we drove...
32.jpg

Our camp...
d5ccd4f7.jpg

Hitting the trails...
1.jpg

and some little hills...
15.jpg

around 8,000ft...
24.jpg

The small cinders is comparable to sand...pretty unique area...
29.jpg

23.jpg

Photo op
photo6.jpg

Our GPS and Topo maps assisted with finding the optimal routes as some of the areas are steep and soft. Since it is an OHV area there are ATV's and other vehicles on the trails but it's so vast that we didn't encounter any crowding.

It was a great weekend and I recommend it to anyone who likes to camp, drive some fun trails and generally likes to get out of the Phoenix heat while still enjoying the sunshine.

James86004

Expedition Leader
Did you encounter any of the long wavelength washboard in that area? The kind that will empty your cooler if you don't have it strapped down?

05LR3AZ

Adventurer
Did you encounter any of the long wavelength washboard in that area? The kind that will empty your cooler if you don't have it strapped down?

LOL, Yes...there was alot of that...ummm and for that purpose I left the cooler at camp...

7.jpg

although slow and steady driving on the bumps lulled my kids to sleep towards the end of the day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles