Removing seats in a 2008 Ford E-350?

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Ok question for anyone in the know...
As part of the Disabled Explorers Sportsmobile build the goal is to put in a drivers side power transfer base like this
powerbase.sized.jpg

And then swap in seats like this for more support when offroad
MC_Baja.jpg

However the big question is about the factory seats.. the rig comes with factory power drivers seat but does anyone know if there is any sort of computer/airbag whatever sensor built into either the drivers or passenger seat that would keep us from taking them out?

I put in a call to SMB West but havent' heard back. I can't find any references online and since the van is in Fresno & I am in Phoenix going to look myself isn't an option.

Thanks to anyone who has or knows about the '08 van seats!

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
The passenger side has a sensor, the drivers side has a bunch of wires running to it, more than is needed for a powered seat. So I am assuming it has a sensor, but the wires may well be for something else.

You can simply put a resister in across the terminals to replace the airbag sensor, that way it always thinks someone is in the seat and both will deploy. But I am unsure as to the resistor rating needed for a Ford van. Some of the new sensors use a changing resistance to detect the weight of a person and deploy the airbag at a different rate, but I doubt there is anything that complex on a Ford van, but I very well could be wrong.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior