Disabled Explorers Sportsmobile 4wd Wheelchair Accessible Van Build

imagodave

Adventurer
Lance it was great to meet you on Friday! I had to get over there and see you and your rig. It is looking awesome and the facilities at SMB are amazing. Also it was great to meet Alan too, now I know who is driving that amazing red 4x4 van around town! Sportsmobile West is a hidden treasure that 90% of us here in Fresno have never visited! (Maybe not so hidden in that big building right on the 99) What amazing rig's. I really enjoyed your enthusiasm and hope one day to see you out there on a trail. Enjoy SEMA this week. Now to hit the Lotto so I can get a SMB before they stop selling the big Fords..........

Topher Walters

Adventurer
The WAVE rocks

Having seen the WAVE the past couple of days I must say that it is a awsome build. It is truley well thought out and will be an excellent platform for adventures. I'm sure that Lance will get into the details but pretty much everything has been thought of for this build.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
sema setup quick pic
sema2009-2.jpg

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Sick Lance...just plain Sick. Mad kudos for having the berries to pull this off. Wonder what the nay-sayers are doing this SEMA week? :bigbossHL:

Spence

1leglance

thanks guys...
it has been crazy work and SMB deserves so much of the credit.

We are have a few applications to sort through for Baja but there is still time if you know of anyone or just want to spread the word.

The rig is over the top amazing, I was prepared to be personally unhappy but live with it since this is what DE needs...but I love it!

More pics soon when I get a better connection and a moment to breathe :)

Oh and for any of you thinking about a SMB, well the diesel is going away so you only have a few weeks left to order one.

rcm89

Ron I like your setup and it would be great to hear more about your travels with the van and what it is like going to remote areas as a chair user.

Hey Lance, somehow I never got notified about updates to this thread. Mid January I'll be headed from TX to Quartzsite AZ and would be happy to meet up with you somewhere. Email me rcm at fuzzzwad dot org and we'll share horror stories. :coffeedrink:

Last edited:

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
This wheelchair accessible vehicle has low mileage and has an electric winch fitted. Engine Diesel Gearbox Manual Access by rear access ramp Ramp width 32 inches Internal height 57 inches Seating capacity 4 including wheelchair user Share and Enjoy:
Thats odd - computer did funny things trying to load the link, glad I have a mac. Think this might be PC damaging, careful if you click...

BajaBus

Adventurer
Lance, my wife and I and three kids met you on the last day of SEMA last month and drooled over your SMB setup. Great to see you here, man! We just got a 4x4 van which will become our main Baja vehicle. I can't remember if you guys ever head south of the border or not, but maybe we could team up with you at some point and help out. If you haven't been and want to, I will certainly show you the ropes if you're interested.

1leglance

I love Baja and posted in your build thread.
It would be great to travel together in the future, I will add you to the list of folks for updates, thanks!

BajaBus

Adventurer
I love Baja and posted in your build thread.
It would be great to travel together in the future, I will add you to the list of folks for updates, thanks!

Let's do it, Lance. We actually talked about you on the way from SEMA because my wife is so good with kids, especially those who need a little more attention (and that's before we got the van.) From late February on, our schedule will be wide open. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles