Swamper vs KM2?

alexrex20

Explorer
I've warrantied more swamper radials than every other tire we sold combined for blowouts and separation

Sure.

i run SSRs as well, without a single issue. and everyone else i know with SSRs or TSL Radials have the same good things to say about Interco.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
I had to come back to this thread for one reason, to eat crow! :sombrero:

Crossing Kansas with my SSR and heard a chunk hit the suburban and when I looked in my rear view I saw a good size piece of rubber bouncing down I70. I was doing about 75mph. Tires have less than 10k miles. Never had this problem before and not 100% sure that I didnt run over something, but it sure looks like the tire separated and threw a lug. Still love the SSRs, but felt I should come on and update my previous statement.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the confession - I love Swampers, just not the radials for that reason. I'm not out to bash any brand but the radials are very trouble prone from our experience.

Scott39

Adventurer
I had a friend with the SSRs, and they suck for any real offroading, the side walls would rip open if the tire even looked at a sharp rock.
I`ve run the Swamper SXs 38.5x15x12.5, and love them for offraod, but they are loud on road, but I like loud tires:smiley_drive: and they wander alittle bit, I had them on a fullsize blazer. I don`t think I would run them on a lite rig.

I do plan on running the SX 36x12.5x17s on my Dodge cummins when my tires wear out.
I`m running 35x12.5x17 Procomp extreme muds, and I really like them, they have a 3 ply side wall. I got a real good price on them, thats why I have these tires now.

I have also run the KM2s, and they are a great tire, 3 ply side wall, and good tread wear, quiet on the road, and they hook up good on the trails.

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I had a set of swampers on my Pinzie. Lugs on them were tearing out in the first 200 miles. Like tearing out bad.

I am running Maxxis Creepeis now. Love them, great tire. Takes a bit of time to break them in though.

I think the Krawlers are a really good tire too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior