Easter run with my boy...

IMG_0235.jpg

Great time!

Regards,

BWJ

Woods

Explorer
Willy's and trailer

I don't know much about military trailers, but like to think that I can spot a good resto. This is the Willy's in the Tuttle Click Jeep dealership in Irvine.

Anybody know what the trailer model number and era are?

img20120416133604.jpg

Cool swing down tongue support leg:
img20120416133537.jpg

I haven't seen many military trailers with what looks to be an original tailgate:
img20120416133516.jpg

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
I don't know much about military trailers, but like to think that I can spot a good resto. This is the Willy's in the Tuttle Click Jeep dealership in Irvine.

Anybody know what the trailer model number and era are?

Looks like an M416, can't tell you what year (I'm not that good w/ this trailer). I believe they are a 1/4 ton.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Woods:

Nice trailer but it is not military issue it is a civilian Bantam T3-C trailer.
They were made up the road from where I live, in Butler Pa.
The military versions had no tailgate and could float M101 and M416
Here is a great site for Bantam items and history.
http://bantamt3c.com/

Attachments

• t3cad.JPG
    t3cad.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 25

Woods

Explorer
Great input guys - thanks.

I should have looked at the data plate on the Willy's. If the owner cares about matching, I'm guessing it's a CJ.

Now I wonder if MY trailer floats - haha.

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
Woods:

Nice trailer but it is not military issue it is a civilian Bantam T3-C trailer.
They were made up the road from where I live, in Butler Pa.
The military versions had no tailgate and could float M101 and M416
Here is a great site for Bantam items and history.
http://bantamt3c.com/

Good call you guys! :beer:

I do know that our M101A2 has a tailgate, as do most non-amo cargo trailers, M105's, M101's, and have seen 416's w/ tailgates. Prob have a pix somewhere.

Attachments

• 11-06-10 (1).JPG
    11-06-10 (1).JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 11-08-24 (5).JPG
    11-08-24 (5).JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 40
  • M416Trailer.jpg
    M416Trailer.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,669
Last edited:

Diesel YJ

Observer
Here is mine last summer. I built the trailer pretty quickly so we could use it on a cross country adventure before I left for Iraq. It is a M101A2 trailer with a commercial ARE utility cap. I found a adjustable ladder rack and cut some angle iron to make footings to attach it. A RTT is mounted on top but will be moved around for better use of the roof. It has a 30gal fresh water tank, hot water on demand and a external shower tent, portable stove, duel ac/dc freeze and fridge unit powered by duel optima top batteries that are maintained by 12v provided via the truck when running and solar panels when parked. led interior and exterior lighting. its was really slapped together but it performed fantastic and my son calls it the tree house. I will be working on it again when I get home in August for more adventures.

The top two pictures are my family's 1000 acre farm in Swan Valley Idaho and it was an amazing view that morning. The bottom picture was from out site at Grand Teton National Park. We were at the bottom of the loop next to this beautiful glacier melt lake and everyone would stop to check out the trailer and talk to us about it.

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 91
  • camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 92
  • camper2.jpg
    camper2.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 103

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
I really like the rigs, and trailers, that get put together out of re-sourced stuff. Quick, cheaper, . . . and out testing it!
I've never been able to do a build in my driveway (never had a driveway :), they've all had to happen while I'm living out of it, and often in motion. By the time I get it close to "real good!" it on to the next build.
Just changing from a 10 year shelter to an empty hard-side pop-up, Time to start some new field testing.
02-08-04_13Camp.jpg11-08-24 (5).JPG
11-09-21 (0).JPG11-09-21 (1).JPG

Maine07jk

Adventurer
Just got phase one finished and took it for it's first 200 mile road test. Towed like a dream. Off road test soon to come!

2012-04-28_11-42-24_79.jpg2012-04-28_11-42-45_340.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online