Picked up a free dirt bike....

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
yes FREE!

1988 Kawasaki KDX200... don't know if it runs, there's no fuel in the tank. Been sitting for at least 5-7 years... green sticker shows 2003.

76311049149767814179782.jpg

It's going to be my little project down the road. Something fun to tinker on and ride on local mtn forest roads.

Im excited. I'd love to get a street plate/light kit for it.. but i heard its almost impossible here in CA now to jump through the hoops.

Chas Stricker

Adventurer
Free is always good. My riding buddy sold his XR600 a few years back and bought a KDX because of bad knees. He loves the bike. He had.....now I can't remember who...rebuild the suspension and engine. It trail rides really well. He can also still walk when he's done. Enjoy the build.
Chas

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Can't beat that :cool:

Hopefully some fresh fuel and spark, clean up the air filter and she's back in business! If your truly interested in getting it plates, a trip to Utah and a local addy will seal the deal :D Though just recently we added turn signals to the list of needed bike components. Basically headlight, tail/brake combo, turn signals, mirror and horn.

KEENO

Adventurer
:)The KDX200 was a sweet little ride in it's day! Almost had a cult following among enduro riders... Great Bike!

KEENO

I'd love to get a street plate/light kit for it.. but i heard its almost impossible here in CA now to jump through the hoops.

Don't give up so soon...my cousin has been "converting" his bikes to dual sports for years with Baja kits. He lives in San Jose and seems not to have many problems.

Looking forward to your build. I have a Yami WR250r and am looking to ride on mountain trails and fire roads. We have an old cabin in Green Valley Lake and there is a FS road that runs on over to Fawnskin...I've always wanted to ride it. See you in the locals.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Just got back from Malcom Smith.... the place is still in business! Malcom was actually there too!

Picked up some oil so i can see if she'll fire..

Also, Can-Am trikes were there giving free test rides! Too bad i was in shorts and sandals!
3016427243_bf0627dbee.jpg

dms1

Explorer
Hey, Dave, good job on the KDX200, long live 2 strokes.

P.S. Get a new rear tire on that thing, looks bald.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Cool. I had a Yamaha DT200R a few years back. Basically the same deal as that bike, only it was street legal from the factory. I just don't like the power delivery of 2 strokes, so I sold it and got my WR250.

But a free beater bike is great.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
COngrats on the new ride. My buddy had a 90 KDX 200, he put a pipe on it and I think some larger jets. It would run with my stock 91 RM250 pretty well. Is my monitor fuzzy or is that back tire completely bald?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94