Utah Cruiser Expedition 2005

Scott Brady

Founder
Great job on the platforms and drawer units. You will really appreciate the added organization and storage. Now you need a pair of Engel fridge units ;)

That white UZJ80 looks excellent, the ARB racks are exceptional quality!

On the meal plan:

You have done a very good job with that. Here are a few more suggestions.

Breakfast: Good job here. Fast meals that require little to no clean-up while everyone is trying to pack up.

Lunch: You can augment with burritos, purchased at the store pre-made. They need to have the paper wrappers on them. About 10:00, put the burrito on the engine manifold and keep driving. Around 12:00 they will be nice and warm and not soggy.

Dinner: You made me hungry with those dinner ideas :eatchicke
The spagetti can be made prior to leaving and sealed in zip-lock bags. Just dump it out of the bags on into the pot and heat. Easy :D

This has been very enjoyable to follow your progress!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Man, I was hoping Dave would have posted a report by now. :lurk:

Anyone hear from the group? Did they make it out alive?

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1
  • West Africa (16).jpg
    West Africa (16).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 7a.jpg
    7a.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1
  • 7c.jpg
    7c.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
  • West Africa (16).jpg
    West Africa (16).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1).jpg
    1).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0

dmc

Adventurer
Trip turned out very well. I'm sort of sitting on the trip report until the Toyota Trails aritcle comes out. At that point i'll post up a ton of pics and do a more formal write up. The trip was a blast and can't wait for the next one.
dmc

Attachments

• TRAILER1.jpg
    TRAILER1.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 1
  • trailer deck.jpg
    trailer deck.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Front end box & catch all.jpg
    Front end box & catch all.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 2
  • TRAILER2.jpg
    TRAILER2.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 2

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Just read about your trip Dave, in the new issue of Toyota Trails. Epic indeed.

Great write up, cool pics, awesome outfits! :clapsmile

Would love to see more color photos when you're ready. Looks like your planning really payed off, having a Toyota Master tech had to take a lot of worrying off your shoulders.

I eagerly look forward to reading and seeing more from your expedition!

Scott Brady

Founder
Great job!

I also had the chance to read the story in Toyota Trails. Great pictures and flow of the article.

I am going to move this thread to the completed section.

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Dave, just read the artical in Trails. Nice job. Sounds like a fun trip. Man, I cant wait to get back out there.

dmc

Adventurer
I appreciate the kind words on the write up. Writing for others to read has been quite the learning experience. I spent about 5 hours doing a write up that read like a travelogue. I hated it. Then about 1am I got a wild hair and did the write up that made it into Trails with some minor editing. It only took about 45mins. I'm still learning to trust myself I guess.

Work has been a pain the last 10 days or so and the trip to SEMA was a very welcomed vacation. I should ;) have a website set up by day's end with more pics and a write up of the trip. We'll see what I can get done. I have zero skills and it will be a Front Page carbon copy of millions of other sites but hopefully the pics will justify your time.

Utah Cruiser Expedition

first two days are now live with basic text. check back later for the full report. until then... :suning:
dmc

pangaea

Adventurer
Dave,

Looks like you guys had a fun trip (of what I've seen so far). Can't wait to see the updates from the rest of the trip.

dmc

Adventurer
dmc said:
first two days are now live with basic text. check back later for the full report. until then... :suning:
dmc

man i just realized that the above statement may have come across the wrong way. sorry about that. i just love this icon... :suning: i wish i was in baja doing it right now. as soon as the ftp finishes the basic site will be there. i'll need to write a summary page but pics are much better than words in my book.
dmc

Last edited:

MaddBaggins

Explorer
I just read your TT article last night. Great trip Dave! I now have the itch to get my rig more expedition ready and do something like that in AZ. If you get the itch to do one down here in another year or so let me know. :)

dmc

Adventurer
MaddBaggins said:
I just read your TT article last night. Great trip Dave! I now have the itch to get my rig more expedition ready and do something like that in AZ. If you get the itch to do one down here in another year or so let me know. :)

Alvin,

I could be easily persuaded into heading south. In my head I'm thinking Black Rock in Nevada next. I going to start mapping out an all dirt from SLC. However that is a winter trip. I'd love to do a Southern Utah, Northern AZ trip next spring. we should start working toward it.
dmc

MaddBaggins

Explorer
dmc said:
Alvin,

I could be easily persuaded into heading south. In my head I'm thinking Black Rock in Nevada next. I going to start mapping out an all dirt from SLC. However that is a winter trip. I'd love to do a Southern Utah, Northern AZ trip next spring. we should start working toward it.
dmc

That would be sweet, but I won't have enough vacation time saved up in the spring to take a week off. Fall or winter next year I will have plenty of vacation time and should have my dual batteries and fridge by then(I hope).
I'm definetly gonna start eyeballing some maps and daydreaming up the future trip :luxhello:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Dave! I haven't been able to read the TT article yet, but the web pics you have posted have me drooling! I am WAAAAY impressed by this trip! I mean, how perfect can you get...

Toyota Land Cruisers
World Class scenery
Plenty of challenges
Self Reliance!

Very nice job capturing the flavor and adventure with your photos. The UCE headlight pic is a classic :)

I'm so glad I am getting out this week or I might burst! :hehe:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz