09 NJLR Nova Scotia Trek

cboy903

Here's Jarek in the lead on our 3 turck convoy:
main.php

main.php

Jarek M

Adventurer
By the evening we pulled into Louisburg, after finding our lodging we were recommended a place for lobster called Red Roof..? or maybe it just had a red roof... one thing I know for sure the lobster was terrific topped with all you can eat mussels and a thousand dollar deck view

Restaurant view of the Louisburge Fortress
08-29-09638.jpg

After diner the group decided to go see the light house, it was after dark by now but that just made it that much interesting
IMG_20832222222.jpg

The next day it was time to tour the Fortress, I must say that what surprised me the most was that the entire thing was reconstructed as for nothing was left after history got done with it.
08-29-09690.jpg

Discussing the fire power
08-29-09750.jpg

Jarek M

Adventurer
Leaving Louisburg for Port Hawkesbury you got to take rt 327 instead of highway 4, it's about 100 miles of beautiful woods, meadows and crystal clear lakes.

That evening we spent on another ferry crossing, this one to Prince Edward Island.
08-29-09777-1.jpg

08-29-09784.jpg

Jarek M

Adventurer
Prince Edward Island... Basia wanted to visit the Green Gables and that give us the boy's the time to go over the trucks, much needed maintenance after 1'000 miles or so. After closer inspection Dan's D90 lost the front prop shaft, he had to continue with rear drive only. Rest got by on topping the fluids off.

08-29-09911.jpg

08-29-09916.jpg

Short stop in front of the Confederation Bridge to allow wide load to get by.

08-29-09959.jpg

08-29-091043.jpg

When coming off the bridge look to your right, picking out of the grove... weird creatures!

08-29-091041.jpg

08-29-091040.jpg

jrfII

Observer
Nice report...

I did this trip by mc back in the 80's and really enjoyed your pics. I guess the ferry service from Portland to NS has been completely shut down. I would like to return to NS via overland and ferry with my wife this year. Are there alternative ferry services out of Maine or is the only option to drive to New Brunswick for ferry service these days?

Thanks again for the images and report. Very nice.

beardus supremous

Adventurer
great pictures! One of these days my wife and i will wander over the border to see some friends from college who live in NS. Especially after seeing your trip report!

JRFII just because there is no ferry service does not mean you cannot head into New Brunswick and then down to NS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles