Greg and Pattis Tundra

01tundra

Explorer
Congrats - we love our '08 (and our '01). Nice house too, wish I could pick ours up and drop it out there :)!

greg mgm

Explorer
Thanks! Our neighbors house has been on the market for 2 years...You could get a great deal !!! Or just ship your house to our area....

We love the truck and house. Our location is pretty much awesome and much better than where we used to live. The last place we lived was downtown Los Angeles in a converted bank office building....pretty cool for a while, but I'll take the mountains any time.

Today I installed this bed rail system purchased from Toyota. Here's what's in the box-
IMG_0814.jpg

The inside of the bed has threaded holes just waiting for a rail system-
IMG_0812.jpg

On the front rail, you do a tab A slot B thing-
IMG_0815.jpg

The sides have 2 plastic locating tabs that go into 2 holes-
IMG_0816.jpg

Then the torx bolts get installed-
IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

It's a very easy install. Even a Toyota tech could do it...(lol)

The adjustable cleats aren't super HD, but for cargo they should work fine-
IMG_0811.jpg

To install the cleats, remove the rail end caps and slide the cleat tabs into the rail-
IMG_0821.jpg

Installed-
IMG_0822.jpg

The Tundra comes with tie down hooks at each corner of the bed, but the bed rail system gives you much more versatility for securing cargo. For me it was a good investment.

I have an ARE camper on order and should have it in a couple weeks. I'll post pics of the install when it happens.

SirCampalot

Adventurer
Congrats on the purchase! Could you take close-up pics of the wipers? Aorta curious about the de-icing wiper option that came on your truck.

Thanks!

bjowett

Adventurer
The windshield deicer system consists of defroster wires at the bottom of the windshield. The system unsticks frozen wipers from the windshield. It turns on with the mirror defrost switch.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Very nice I remember when I purchased my 03 limited 4x4 tundra. I was so proud. I have less that 60,000 on it and not one problem to date. I have changed it a bit see the listing below. Nice ride you will love em.

SirCampalot

Adventurer
The windshield deicer system consists of defroster wires at the bottom of the windshield. The system unsticks frozen wipers from the windshield. It turns on with the mirror defrost switch.

Bummer... I was hoping it was a heated blade instead since that would have been easier to retrofit onto my rig. =)

thanks.

greg mgm

Explorer
Yesterday I got the new ARE camper shell and Bed Rug installed....They are really nice!
They were purchased from Snap in Campers in Hemet CA, and the owner, Jody did a great job on the install.
The Bed Rug makes the truck bed look plush.....perfect for camping.

The Bed Rug going in-
IMG_0834Custom.jpg

The shell going on-
IMG_0835Custom.jpg

The finished install-
IMG_0839Custom.jpg

IMG_0842Custom.jpg

IMG_0843Custom.jpg

The Toyota tie down system is pretty cool-
IMG_0845Custom.jpg

Trick camper shell mounting brackets-
IMG_0847Custom.jpg

IMG_0853Custom.jpg

LED brake lights-
IMG_0854Custom.jpg

Yakima tracks run the full length of the shell-
IMG_0857Custom.jpg

I have to put a plug in for Jody- Nice guy and easy to deal with.
He's a one person operation and does the installs himself.

Snap In Campers
1501 West Acacia Ave Ste 109
Hemet CA 92543
951 766 9425

greg mgm

Explorer
The brackets came from ARE and the rails are Toyota.

I couldn't stand the idea of drilling holes and using bolts through the bed rails, so the brackets fit the bill nicely. They also have brackets (similar to mine sorta) that clamp to the truck bed without rails. They look good also.

The area on the shell where the bracket is sitting is beefed up and a bit thicker than the area around it.

Last edited:

zidaro

Explorer
got any other exciting mods on your Tundra yet? inquiring minds need to know.

BedRug looks plush for camping.

greg mgm

Explorer
Thanks guys!

Actually the Tundra was never intended for expo or off roading, so the mods are pretty much done for now. Sometime in the future I'll be upgrading the shocks F+R since the stock Toyota shocks aren't anything to brag about. The only other modifications were seat covers and floor protection. Considering how much this truck cost...and the fact that I may never be able to buy another new truck again, I'd like to keep it in nice shape for a long time...:sombrero:

I tow a baja bug or manx buggy when I camp/ off road, so any abuse goes to the VW's:bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94