ARB Long Ranger Fuel Tanks

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Does any one know if the ARB Long Ranger Fuel Tanks are available here in the US?

Longranger_smallpic1.jpg

long_ranger_tank.jpg

Can this be ordered through any ARB retailer?

Thanks,
Wil

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Yes, they are available through US distributors (Nathan at Pangea comes to mind), but they are likely not a stock item and would have to be special ordered.

pangaea

Adventurer
I've been trying to convince ARB to let me special order these tanks for the last year or so to no avail. As near as I can understand it, they won't import them into the US.

The only folks that I'm aware of that can bring them in are Man-A-Fre, because their importation agreement precedes the creation of ARB USA and thus they buy direct from ARB in Australia. As a matter of fact, I just picked up a pair of 80 series Long Ranger tanks from them a few weeks ago for a customer.

Its a real bummer, because they make a really nice product.

60seriesguy

Adventurer
I bought one from MAF for my 60 series Land Cruiser a few months ago, and they were working on another shipment, so try them first.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
pangaea said:
The only folks that I'm aware of that can bring them in are Man-A-Fre, because their importation agreement precedes the creation of ARB USA and thus they buy direct from ARB in Australia.

Ahhh, thanks for the correction Nathan. I have seen some TLC guys with them, so I assumed they could be had through ARB dealers.

Suty

Adventurer
BajaTaco said:
Ahhh, thanks for the correction Nathan. I have seen some TLC guys with them, so I assumed they could be had through ARB dealers.

Chris, Sent a email to Man A Fre this AM and asked about those tanks . I will keep you posted. Tu Compa, Suty

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
AFAIK, they are made for the Hilux, which is a different animal. None for the Tacoma to my knowledge. I'm not saying they might not be able to fit, but it would probably be a matter of actually getting one to find out for sure. They should have dimensional dwgs. though, that would give you a good idea.

pangaea

Adventurer
Evidently, the company that manufactures the Long Ranger tanks is Out of Town 4WD. I think distribution rights are secured by ARB Australia. Anyway, they do list a 128L (about 33 gallons) replacement fuel tank for the 97-05 Hi-Lux, which I would ASSUME could be modified for the US Tacoma Platorm.

http://www.oot4wd.com.au/=Hilux%Series%2.asp

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
This Make no sense to me since the Link I found came off the ARB USA website. Why would a company link a product that they can not sell in the USA?

pangaea

Adventurer
Yup... If you dig around on the website, you'll see a lot of cool stuff that they just don't sell here in the states. My guess is that they just ported the Australia site over to ARB USA for the sake of simplicity.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Nathan,

Did you install the tanks on the 80's yourself? Which ones were they? I have one for my 80. I am just trying to read up as much information as possible before install.

Also, try...Northwest Products. I think. Or, Transferflow, I think they are in Corona, CA. Slee Off Road will also occassionally sell Long Ranger Tanks too, mostly for 80 series. But, give Christo a call.

I think Scott used a tank from a Cherokee. I forget what Chris used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior