Eco Travel Trailer New to the Market

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I got a press release about this new Eco-Friendly Travel Trailer company and thought it looked pretty neat. What do you all think? I know this isnt necessarily Overland Material, but I'm thinking this is the new wave of the future and is where all Manufacturers should be headed when it comes to their build standards. Using sustainable products and better products like this company uses

For the record, I have no affiliation with this company, just passing along a new products for fellow Travelers to consider. Here is the press release.

EverLite_Cutout%20Exterior%20copy.jpg
First Ever Eco-friendly, All-Composite Ever-Lite(tm) Travel Trailers Changing the Way Campers are Made​

EverGreen Recreational Vehicles is revolutionizing the camping world with a new generation of all composite, eco-friendly, travel trailers that are as healthy for your family as they are for the environment.

EverGreen produces an eco-friendly trailer of composite materials that is virtually wood-free, creating a longer lasting, lighter weight product that is easier to tow and more fuel-efficient. The new Ever-Lite(tm) travel trailers are manufactured using EverGreen's proprietary ComposiTek(tm) construction process making them completely recyclable not to end up in the landfill.

President of EverGreen, Doug Lantz, elaborated how using composites to produce a green travel trailer resulted in a more durable product, potentially outlasting conventionally built products by decades.

By eliminating wood and incorporating composite materials, we have achieved a product that is tougher, more durable, lighter weight and virtually waterproof. Moisture and water damage were the demise of old wood RVs--with the use of composites, we have eliminated this weakness to produce a longer lasting product with higher resale value," he stated. EverGreen's eco-friendly ComposiTek(tm) construction incorporates composite materials to make Ever-Lite(tm) trailers stronger, virtually waterproof, low VOC, hypoallergenic and significantly lighter than the standard travel trailer.

A few of the key features standard in the EverGreen Coaches are listed below

-- Stronger and More Impact Resistant -- ComposiTek(tm) construction, tested by an independent laboratory, is four times the strength of wood products. Originally specified for military use, ComposiTek(tm) materials are vacuum laminated onto a structural frame of double-welded aluminum. This vacuum-lamination process results in one-piece walls, floors and ceilings without seams -- much like automotive uni-body construction -- resulting in less flex and sway on the road.

-- ComposiTek is Waterproof -- The walls, roof and floor of an Ever-Lite(tm) trailer will not dry rot, mildew or deteriorate from exposure to water or humidity. That's why it is covered with a 12-year warranty on the roof, a three-year warranty on the structural integrity and a two-year bumper-to-hitch warranty.

Ever-Lite_29FK.jpg

-- Low VOCs and Hypoallergenic -- EverGreen composite materials are healthier for your family. They are free of out-gassing of VOCs inherent in lesser brands. Since it will not absorb humidity or condensation, it inhibits the growth of mold spores and mildew that aggravate allergies when camping.

-- Lighter Weight and More Fuel Efficient -- EverGreen does not reduce weight by cutting appliances and skimping on amenities. EverGreen simply engineered a lighter coach with ComposiTek(tm) construction. Loaded up with standard features, an EverGreen weighs 1,000 to 1,200 pounds lighter than major competitors yet still has if not exceeds many of the competitors features.

Ever-Lite%20KichenStorage.jpg

-- More Eco-Friendly -- ComposiTek(tm) construction is lighter and more fuel-efficient. Every trailer we build eliminates the use of heavy lauan, tropical hardwoods and conventional plywood in the construction of the sidewalls, roof and floors. This means when purchasing an EverGreen Coach, you're helping to keep are forests safe and our future generations enjoying the outdoors

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
It seems that ComposiTek is a Formaldehyde free composite, which is a good thing, but I think they may be stretching the point to say it's green. From what I've read the ComposiTek material is sandwiched between two pieces of aluminum to form a sheet. Aluminum is recyclable, but hardly green

The main "green” factor seems to come from the reduction in weight of the trailer and resultant better mpg, and the fact they use less wood in the construction of the trailer.

I think we could debate if wood was renewable resource or not.

If you read the release without taking into account the "green" aspect, it seems to be a wonderful product.

I haven't seen anything that makes me believe ComosiTek is made from waste products, or popcorn, recycled jeans or plastic bags. I get the feeling it's an attempt to get on the "Green Bandwagon".

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Hey Martyn, I dont know much about the composites or what they're made of, I just got the press release and thought it sounded pretty good.

I remembered hearing about all the problems during the Katrina debacle and the FEMA trailers and how bad the Formaldehyde was in the campers when the humidity would get high.

I know when we bought our camper, the dealer told us to crack all the windows for the first few weeks to allow the Formaldehyde to clear and keep the roof vents open while driving. Sort of scary if you think about it.

I agree that many companies are trying to jump on the bandwagon of the 'Green' badge, but I think if more companies were to look at alternative building methods, it might help moving the larger scale of companies to think about the products the use in their buidling materials

Thanks for your comments

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Pat

I think your bang on with the Formaldehyde gassing.

This product also doesn't absorb moisture, so it's not prone to molds and fungus, which is a big issue.

I'm 100% behind the product, just a little dubious of the "green" aspect.

digitaldelay

Explorer
A local dealer was selling these in the parking lot at Costco last week. (Exclusive deal for Costco members). I spoke with the sales guy and he basically confirmed the main advantage being formaldehyde-free construction and no moisture absorption. Very nice and no "new-RV" smell!

Jason

Sportsman Matt

Adventurer
With a sticker price between $33,000 and $45,000 I don't see them flying off the shelves as fast as a $14,000 trailer with the same layout.

Yup, anything can be made from plastic composites, but in a few years of hard use, how good is it really going to hold up? Plus it can't be green if it's made from chemical composites, versus plywood which is made from various wood which came from a forest, which can be replenished over time.

One thing that really irritates me is all these PC companies and organizations that claim they are doing it to help, but in reality are just false advertising to make a buck and worse is that they don't even know what "going green" actually entails.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes it needs to be said by the common sense guy.

dzzz

The fine print says "some interior components contain formaldehyde". This is more about marketing a composite trailer than anything else.

If undamaged, how do trailers decline to come to the end of their useful life? Often the green choice is building/buying something that will last. A one piece floor and roof would be nice. I can't see any disadvantage with aluminum welded walls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94