Seats: Aftermarket or OEM replacement options

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Want to bet? I've put 50K miles on it in 2 years. I've been to Moab, a 10 hour drive there from where I live. I then ran Poison Spider, Gold Bar and Golden Spike, all in one day. I saw about 5 broken Jeep's and 2 broken Toyota's along the trails. I then proceeded to drive the 10 hours back home. Never had a problem.

It has 125K miles. All I've had to replace are the Radiator, Alternator and a Fuse Box.

Apparently you don't know jack about my Range Rover. Its quiet inside, i can run the AC no matter what the temp is outside and still crawl trails. I have heated seats when the temps drop. And my heated windshield clears up the whore frost when its really cold out. I'll bet your tacoma can't do that. and it still doesn't have solid axles with high pinion diffs. front and rear. :elkgrin: And to add to that, I picked it up for $5000 two years ago.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Want to bet? I've put 50K miles on it in 2 years. I've been to Moab, a 10 hour drive there from where I live. I then ran Poison Spider, Gold Bar and Golden Spike, all in one day. I saw about 5 broken Jeep's and 2 broken Toyota's along the trails. I then proceeded to drive the 10 hours back home. Never had a problem.

It has 125K miles. All I've had to replace are the Radiator, Alternator and a Fuse Box.

Apparently you don't know jack about my Range Rover. Its quiet inside, i can run the AC no matter what the temp is outside and still crawl trails. I have heated seats when the temps drop. And my heated windshield clears up the whore frost when its really cold out. I'll bet your tacoma can't do that. and it still doesn't have solid axles with high pinion diffs. front and rear. :elkgrin: And to add to that, I picked it up for $5000 two years ago.

Come down from the ledge, I tease, I tease; note use of smiley emoticon. You know, like around a campfire, **********-talk. Don't Rover owners do that too?

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
yes, :elkgrin:

I've owned one yota. an 85' with a supra motor. and 3 jeeps.

the rovers have a bad name because of hacks who can't repair them and don't keep them maintained.

But i did see Toyota had to pay the US government $1 Billion.:coffee: ouch.

Anyway. My toyota's stock seats sucked. I used supra seats in it. AWESOME!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Groan... This is all Nothing Clever's fault for dredging up a 6 flippin' year old thread. Just because you're bored doesn't mean we all have to suffer!

NothingClever

Explorer
Man, I know where to go to find entertainment now....the slightest Rover taunt and getlost4x4 springs into action like my Afghan cat chasing a laser around the tent :D .

Oh, darn it....Haven's going to delete my thread now because this was an egregious, personal attack and I've demonstrated an inability to communicate.

Piffle...

NothingClever

Explorer
So I bought a pair of Corbeau Sport Seats (actual model name) with the seat heaters and some seat mounting brackets for a new-to-me F350.

My bottom will post back here sometime in May or June once it sits in the truck and makes the drive from California to Flagstaff, Arizona then Colorado and back home to Florida. That should give my derriere adequate time to form an asstute opinion.

(snicker)

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I have a set of PRP's in my sand rig. They are a good bang for the buck but that rig needs racing buckets. I think factory seats would be better in an expo rig because its so much easier to slide in and out of. Ones out of any modern vehicle are so nice compared to any older seats. I put a set of rear jump seats out of a 2008 caravan into my old CJ. It was like adding 3" of plush suspension to the rig compared to the old stock seats. That was one of the best mods I have ever done. I vote junkyard seats out of a late model.

PaintRock

Adventurer
If I were to buy new seats, they would be the Corbeau LG-1s. Those are kinda sick. My Tundra actually came with pretty comfy seats. Sadly, it did not come with the whore frost clearing option :(

BrianTN

Adventurer
Has anyone installed seats that contain heaters AND ventilation? I rode in a Denali not long ago and fell in love with ventilated seats.

PaintRock

Adventurer
Actually, NothingClever, I was remarking about getlost4x4's Range Rover which is capable of magically eradicating "whore frost" via the strategic use of a heated windshield.

DanR7985

Observer
In my 2003 Silverado W/T there was a jump seat in the middle. It didn't fold down for an arm rest, and didn't have and storage. Yesterday morning I put in a folding jump seat from a 07.5-current Silverado. The version I put in was the 3 cup holder one. It folds down to an arm rest, up as a seat, has 3 cup holders on top, a locking storage area underneath the seat, a latching storage area on the arm rest part, and 2 cup holders in back. The best part is that the bolt up pattern never changed from the 99-07 and the 07.5 to current trucks. No fabrication was needed. All I needed to do was unbolt both passenger and driver seats, pull out the old jump seat, put in the new one, and bolt it all down.

Xfactor

Observer
Has anyone installed seats that contain heaters AND ventilation? I rode in a Denali not long ago and fell in love with ventilated seats.

I have. My seats were factory dodge ram seats recovered in leather. Ventilation works ok...not as good as factory seats I have been in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior