Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Adventure Bicycling

Adventure ?

I am tame, for me is doing this.

After 3 plates of this

For info on Mexico´s Copper Canyon check http://coppercanyongate.blogspot.com.

‎"The great thing about internet forums is that you can quote **** and completely make up the source" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by 29er View Post
    Roman is the consummate self-powered adventurer, but not the consummate bikepacker, I would argue.

His almost 800-mile traverse of the Alaska Range was a great feat, and wonderfully documented, but there are guys out there like Mike Curiak who are doing trips like that 2-3 times per year, with the interim between treks being punctuated by shorter 4-to-5 day bikepacking trips once a month or so.
    Mike Curiak is beyond peer, in my opinion. Others may do amazing trips once in a while, but he churns them out with such regularity, I can't imagine anyone catching up to him.
    Bicycles rule.

Default Love it!

I have been doing these kind of rides for years, and just recently discovered it is a designated adventure travel! Ha! I am building a rig now for overland expeditions down Baja, and I usually take my bike with me and find a day or two to ride off somewhere just for the ride. I would love to meet others whit the same interest. If you are ever looking to ride the Southwest, please PM me and share your plans. Never know, maybe I can ride a leg with you!

Don't forget the adventure aspect of adventure riding!!! I like to explore unknown areas on the fatbike, discover abandoned settlements/buildings, look for epic camping spots to hang the hammock up and relax, find new trout fishing areas, link up favourite riding spots, see where roads/creeks/rivers/valleys go. Get out to practice some bushcraft... It's more than just a bike and some gear, it's an adventure! A long day, an overnighter, a few days, a year around the globe, it's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by thatbikefella View Post
    Don't forget the adventure aspect of adventure riding!!! I like to explore unknown areas on the fatbike, discover abandoned settlements/buildings, look for epic camping spots to hang the hammock up and relax, find new trout fishing areas, link up favourite riding spots, see where roads/creeks/rivers/valleys go. Get out to practice some bushcraft... It's more than just a bike and some gear, it's an adventure! A long day, an overnighter, a few days, a year around the globe, it's all good!
    With you 110% on all of that!

That's AWESOME.Thanks for wondering with us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12