4wd light- top portion blinking.

scrubber3

Not really here
My monty's front tires on the indicator in the dash are blinking. It seems to be in 2wd alright and all the 4wd gears work ok. Just wont stop the darn blinking. Any ideas?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I don't know much about the Gen II Montero's, but if it is in 2WD and 4WD still works, it could be a faulty or dirty relay going to the dash.

scrubber3

Not really here
Thanks, I actually clicked on your link to check out your monty build up and fould some aussie sights that have helped a great deal!

scrubber3

Not really here
Awesome, Thanks a whole heaping bunch fellas! I'll prolly get on this during the weekend! Ya'll guys have a good day!

:clapsmile

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Thanks for checking out my build. The pajero club of victoria is a great resource for all Montero's and Pajero's. Let us know when and how you get this resolved.

Last edited:

scrubber3

Not really here
I sure will, checked under the radio because it is aftermarket and everything is fine there. Checked the 4wd vacuum solenoids and they were both way outta spec. the yellow dot one had 98 ohm worth of resistance and the other one(blue dot) I couldn't even get a reading on (open circuit). Gonna check around till the weekend to see who has some of these cheap. Hopefully replacing these will do the trick! I'll keep my fingers crossed till then. I'll keep you posted!

scrubber3

Not really here
Oh yeah, datrupr..... Your monty is freakin sweet!!!! Expect some questions outta me in regards to a build up of my own. Little by little.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Thank you, scrubber. It is a work in progress and still has a long way to go before I get it where I want it. I should be getting some more goodies for it really soon. I am like a kid the night before christmas as I cannot wait for my new kit to arrive (hopefully UPS will have it delivered soon, I'm getting anxious). It'll be sweet. And as usual, I have to shamelessly plug Wil and Wen at Sierra Expeditions, they can get you goodies for your Monty when you want to kit it out some more, and also, post up some pics of yours, we have a lot of Monty love here.

scrubber3

Not really here
Well, it's a bit rainy here today so, I'll wait till its a better day to take some pictures. In the meantime, if anyone knows where to find the 4wd vacuum solenoids cheap feel free to let me know! :) Just changed the transmission fluid, antifreeze, and lubed up the grease fittings. I've put some 31 10.50 BFG All Terrain KOs on it and raised the front a lil bit. Repaired the lower control arm and sway bar bushings for the left rear. Put an alternator in it. I still gotta replace the timing belt, water pump, and cam seals. I believe the cam seal is leaking on the alternator. In the meantime, I'll just keep cleaning the alternator off periodically. I've put a tow rope, tool set, air compressor, first aid kit, flashlight, tie down straps, cpr mask, hatchet, and a few other goodies in it. I'm on a limited budget since I'm in school at the age of 31. I'll be getting some KYB mono tube shocks for it soon. Also, I expect to add a snorkel kit:snorkel:, new front bumper, slide rails, winch, cargo basket:elkgrin:, and who knows what else. BTW, I've posted some pics of it before I got it in another thread.

Last edited:

scrubber3

Not really here
Found the soleniod. I can pick it up on Thursday. I'll Probably put it on in the dealership parking lot. Then I gotta change the timing belt/seals. next week. as well as shocks and alignment. Then I should be done! For now.......

scrubber3

Not really here
Solenoid got replaced this afternoon. No more light blinking in ma face!!! changed the shocks yesterday. Got my KYB gas a just on and they are terrific. found a high lift jack too. life is good.

scrubber3

Not really here
Thank you sir! That makes two of us. :victory: Now i gotta clicking noise coming from the right rear. Time for another thread! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94