SEMA 2009: Pictures, updates and discussion

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Good for AEV, finally someone makes a mount to include the Pull Pal with a Hi Lift.

Scott Brady

Founder
I like the bracket. Having the Pul-Pall along has been a consistent theme for me over the last year.

Off to the show in a few minutes!

Westy

Adventurer
I love it!
SEMA_Monday_ICON_CJ3B_.jpg

That is well done. I am surprised they made the hood so tall though. It sure looks like it hinders visibility quite a bit. What kind of engine is under there?

Willman

Nicely done Scott!

Scott.........if you get a chance.....I would love some closeup shots of the gate open on that High Lift and Pull Pal mount. Where are they keeping the shovel end piece?

Keep the updates coming!

Thanks!

:)

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
x2

Nicely done Scott!

Scott.........if you get a chance.....I would love some closeup shots of the gate open on that High Lift and Pull Pal mount. Where are they keeping the shovel end piece?

Keep the updates coming!

Thanks!

:)

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Great stuff Scott.. the overland JK looks perfect. Any shots of Trasharoo? I'd like to see since we are here at the office and can't make the show. Martyn from AT said it was going to be on 5 vehicles.

Vermejo

Adventurer
After lustfully looking through these pictures, I feel as though I've cheated on my faithful truck.

I wouldn't know what to do with the Icon Willys; drive it or put it in a glass box for future generations to enjoy as a work of art.

Great Stuff – Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
That is well done. I am surprised they made the hood so tall though. It sure looks like it hinders visibility quite a bit. What kind of engine is under there?

IIRC it is built that way due to being based on a CJ3B (stock hood height).

Very cool stuff guys. Really dig the Icon Toyota and the closeups of the CJ show a fantastic attention to detail. Keep 'em coming for those of us who can't be there :victory:

haven

Expedition Leader
The coolest vehicle I saw this morning is the Icon CJ3B

icon-cj3b-1.jpg

icon-cj3b-2.jpg

icon-cj3b-3.jpg

icon-cj3b-4.jpg

Thoroughly modern suspension, no word on what's under the hood.

FusoFG

Adventurer
If anybody gets a chance could they please take some interior pictures of the Ford Transit Connect Camper at the Sema show?

I know it's not "expedition quality" but I just got a Transit Connect and I would like to outfit as an overnight / weekend vehicle to use between expeditions.

It's red and I think its called the Travel Inn and it's built by Azentek and Grant.

Thanks

haven

Expedition Leader
The Disabled Explorers Sportsmobile looked great!

disabledexplorerssema09-1.jpg

Lots of standing room inside.

disabledexplorerssema09-3.jpg

Here's Lance with his partner on this project, Alan Feld of Sportsmobile West
(apologies for the fuzzy photo)

lanceatsema09.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
No new 4Runners inside, but Toyota was offering a chance to
drive on the off-road course outside.

4runner-sema09.jpg

Mercedes GL set up for Baja style racing