Yamaha IT 175 K Question

bucketosudz

Explorer
I am not very well versed in moto's but I have a friend that has a 83 Yamaha IT 175 K and he is looking for a Carburetor Joint for it. Apparently they are extremely hard to come by and I told him that I would put it out on the forum to see if you all could give me some directions on where one might look for such a part. He says he has searched quite a bit, but no dice.

Thoughts, Maybe some ideas where to look???

scarysharkface

Explorer
Scour ebay, as sometimes odd stuff pops up from salvage and junkyard operations. Check the parts fiche (bike bandit or babbittsonline I think would have one) for it to see if it's the same part the IT 200 or other bikes used. Thumpertalk.com forums is another place I'd look.

John

Momrocks

Adventurer
Thumpertalk.com forums is another place I'd look.

John

The thumpertalk folks may give you a ribbin' since IT175s have two cycle engines. :bike_rider:

As I recall I think I have seen some internet groups with dedicated IT175/250/400 and 465 interest. Might be some good resources?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I have a 72 DT100 up at the cottage I'd love to fix up, but I just don't know if you'd ever get parts. Structurally it's sound, but it would need an engine rebuild and all the soft parts (seals, etc.)

Is that realistic, or just pitch it?

Momrocks

Adventurer

Your choice. I am by NO means an expert but those old, primative 2 strokes are bone simple and terribly forgiving. You would be suprised how much of the required parts you can sub in from other models or even later DT/MX100s. Hunting down parts and substitute parts will be a labor of love. The ultimate value will never make it worth your time. From an economic, time saving stand point there a myriad of available bikes that will out perform your beloved 72 DT100 that can be had for a couple of hundred dollars.

bucketosudz

Explorer
Thanks All for the replies, I'll check on the suggestions. It was somewhat of a challenge to me, "if you can find it....but I bet you can't. I've looked everywhere!" type of deal. I have been fairly good at some past searches with help from good friends.

I aspire to not let him down...:coffee:

scarysharkface

Explorer
The thumpertalk folks may give you a ribbin' since IT175s have two cycle engines. :bike_rider:

As I recall I think I have seen some internet groups with dedicated IT175/250/400 and 465 interest. Might be some good resources?

ThumperTalk has a 2-stroke Yammi forum...

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
I am not very well versed in moto's but I have a friend that has a 83 Yamaha IT 175 K and he is looking for a Carburetor Joint for it. Apparently they are extremely hard to come by and I told him that I would put it out on the forum to see if you all could give me some directions on where one might look for such a part. He says he has searched quite a bit, but no dice.

Thoughts, Maybe some ideas where to look???

This company in TX has complete unit in their new arrivals list,1st column,12th from the top;)

http://www.batescycle.com/new_arrivals.shtml

Last edited:

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
I have a 72 DT100 up at the cottage I'd love to fix up, but I just don't know if you'd ever get parts. Structurally it's sound, but it would need an engine rebuild and all the soft parts (seals, etc.)

Why does everyone have a love affair with old DT Yamahas.:coffee:
I had a new DT175 in 1976 and sold it a few years later to buy my 1st car.
I would dearly love to have another.:bike_rider:

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Your choice. I am by NO means an expert but those old, primative 2 strokes are bone simple and terribly forgiving. You would be suprised how much of the required parts you can sub in from other models or even later DT/MX100s. Hunting down parts and substitute parts will be a labor of love. The ultimate value will never make it worth your time. From an economic, time saving stand point there a myriad of available bikes that will out perform your beloved 72 DT100 that can be had for a couple of hundred dollars.

I don't know if I have a love affair, but retro is just cool sometimes. I already have a much better bike (WR250F), but I'll never be a front runner in enduros. Some of them have a "classic" class and it seems like it would be fun.

http://www.batescycle.com/new_arrivals.shtml

Sweet! They have a Honda Ditch Witch (CR500), no motor though.

Also see a 1980 IT250.

voltonwarsled

If you are talking about the rubber part between the carb and the cylinder, I am looking for the same part for a 77 it175.It's got a big crack in it seems to be discontinued.did your friend ever find one, cause I'd like to know where, please.

bucketosudz

Explorer
Nope not much Luck at all. There was an Aussie remolding some of these, but his shop burned down and alas doesnt anymore. I found another guy that does so here in the US, but his prices are pretty ridiculous for a single part. So I lost this one, and my friend moved on... Good Luck in your search.

Roktoys84

Adventurer
Out of curiosity where did your friend buy that bike? Wellsville maybe? Years ago I had the only IT175 I'd ever seen in Cache Valley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles