Landrover Forward Control Expedition Vehicle for sale in Durban, South Africa

eligar

This expedition vehicle was originally a brand new SADF office & has done approx. 70,000km
DSCF0124.JPG

Mechanical:- - L/R Series 11B with Series 11 four speed gear & transfer box H/L ratio.
-motor (petrol) ex 1961 Rover sedan, straight-six, 3litre with stainless steel `Powerflow' exhaust.
-200 litre petrol tank (304L stainless steel)
- mounted exhaust fed air compressor for tyres
- electric fan & accelerator cable (not linkage)
- box section mild steel chassis & aluminum body.
- tyres are General Traction Rib 9.00-16 LT
- winch is a manually operated `Tirfor'
Cab and living area:-
- fridge (220v, 12v & gas)
- dual battery system
- two burner stove and oven (gas)
- sink, 12volt tap pump, ex 200 litre water tank (st. steel)
plus 25 litre gravity-fed plastic water container.
- double bed converts into seating arrangement.
- mosquito & fly screens (retractable)
- 3 metre `Eezi Awn'.

Comes with all maintenance manuals.

price - R90, 000 = approx US$ 11,500

*a removable rack is fitted to the rear chassis of the truck which we used to carry a Suzuki DRZ400 Dual Sport motorcycle, also now for sale separately on Gumtree (search - ' gumtree, durban, forward control ' for more info on bike/rack and van aswell). Or both could be purchased together for the ultimate personal safari unit, as we have used it as with much enjoyment!

Call David (+27) 078 196 1513 or email dmobbsy@hotmail.com, Durban South Africa
Front.JPG

Last edited:

eligar

bargain - must sell urgently!

come on campers!, this is a bargain, a fully prepared Overland Safari Truck, ready to go, In Africa, for R90, 000!!!:Wow1:

kerry

Expedition Leader
Hmm, I thought I'd also posted a comment to that effect yesterday. Seems like a good deal for someone in SA. Looked for interior pictures on Gumtree but it seems the ad isn't up there anymore.

tommudd

Explorer
I PM'd him requesting interior shots etc. but nothing back so far.
Was thinking it would make a nice trip to fly in and pick it up and then drive up and surprise my wife in Tanzania with it.
Of course I may need it to sleep in after she sees it??!!:)

zimm

Expedition Leader
I PM'd him requesting interior shots etc. but nothing back so far.
Was thinking it would make a nice trip to fly in and pick it up and then drive up and surprise my wife in Tanzania with it.
Of course I may need it to sleep in after she sees it??!!:)

ummmm yea. surprize her with a string of pearls or something.

look honey! a 50yo camper! is there something wrong with your face? why are you looking like that? ouch! stop throwing thing please! knives hurt!

eligar

for sale NOW - got no pm's

sorry ya'll had to wait for pictures and updates. But i am actively trying to sell the Land Rover Forward Control NOW! I did not recieve any PM's nor updates that anybody was responding to this post. Must have not had my options set correctly to recieve i guess...
But the van is still available.
Cleck out this blog advertising it - there are more photo's there. (http://forwardcontrol.blogspot.com/2009/04/land-rover-forward-control-safari_29.html)
I have dropped the price, now, R75 000 (US$ approx. 10, 000)
I want it sold THIS WEEKEND
cheers

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne