My Teardrop

05liberty

bucketosudz, Yes I did build it , from the ground up ... and I dont have a grage and when I started it I was living in an apartment ( little motivation for you ). If you are going to build one you have to check out this site http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/index.php
all the knowledge help and info you need is on there …. A bunch of great people also ( I have the same name there )
Ill try to post some photos in the next day or so...
attachment.php

Attachments

• 104_3946a.jpg
    104_3946a.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 973

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Nice!

I have the shell of my grandfather's 1966 camper and I really want to do a teardrop on the frame!

Joanne

Adventurer
Nice tear! I'm heading out to the lake with mine tomorrow. Our Dutch Oven club is having our Thanksgiving camp out. I absolutely love camping in it. Bet you love camping in yours too!

Joanne

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Awesome... I keep going back and forth with ideas for one... Can I ask a few questions that pop into my head?

- What did you use on the sides and top?
- Where can you buy material like that?
- How high is it, from the floor of the tear to its roof?

Thanks,

Don

-

05liberty

Titanpat57:
Thanks .. I’ve been lurking for a while , thought it was time to post it ... It didn’t turn out too bad for my first attempt . I am planing on building another in the future . I was looking at tent trailers before I found out about these , Im glad I did !

mtnbike28:
Go for it !!! I don’t regret it at all , but do check out this site first http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/
lots of information , help and even plans available !

Joanne:
Thanks for the complement Joanne !! I viewed your thread many times for inspiration before I built mine You did an awesome job also . Yes we love it and after the summer we had here (rain , rain & more rain ) couldn’t imagine tent camping , plus Jacki wont tent camp so it has been win win. Also enjoy the DO site .. Lots of great tips and food there !

Jnich77:
Well check out the site listed above and go for it !!!!

elmo_4_vt:
The top is aluminum I was able to find 5 X 10 sheets at a machine shop the sides are FRP panels I got them from Home Depot , they are for interior use but I have not had any problems using them out side ( well they will balloon a little in the heat of summer but go back into shape when it cools ) .
It is 46" from the floor to the inside roof and mine is 5' wide so the usable interior sleeping space is about the size of a queen bed but there are a lot that are 4' wide or about the size of a double bed .

The best part about building one of these is you can make it any way you want ... And there are a variety of designs on the form I listed above

OH ... I have the same name on that form FYI ...

Dave

bucketosudz

Explorer
bucketosudz, Yes I did build it , from the ground up ... and I dont have a grage and when I started it I was living in an apartment ( little motivation for you ). If you are going to build one you have to check out this site http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/index.php
all the knowledge help and info you need is on there …. A bunch of great people also ( I have the same name there )
attachment.php

Sweet! Thanks for the response.:wings:

Zelix

Adventurer
attachment.php

Second that on the other forum. There's a lot of great people over there. They are all really knowledgeable and extremely helpful.I haven't built a teardrop [yet] trailer. I'm thinking about it after I see if my trailer turns out ok...:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94