The best adventure travel boots.

Lichen

Explorer
I have worn Zamberlan boot for 14 years. The first pair lasted 12, worn nearly every day.

001_631-CIVETTA-GT-RR_big_sml.jpg

Civetta

I ordered a pair of these yesterday for my Christmas present. Most expensive pair of boots that I've ever bought.

RAV4fun

Observer
I have actually been thinking about the Vibram Five Fingers. Do they cause your feet to sweat more than normal?

I wouldn't say more than normal...but they do stink more than normal once your feet start to sweat. I wear Injinji socks when I hike or for some warmth this time of year, otherwise just wash them in borax every month or so and they're fine...

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
I have multiple pairs of boots for travel.....in fact I own very few shoes
almost all my footwear is over the ankle - even suit shoes..

I find a lot of the hard leather hiking boots very stiff, and dificult to drive in
as there's too much support and little flex.

My latest boots are a pair of these

desert_tfx_hero.jpg

Comfy light supportive and flexible, a very all round nice boot for temperate weather and desert conditions..

DSC_9931.jpg

Harald Hansen

Explorer
I love my Norwegian military M77 boots:

M77%20-%20Marsjst%C3%B8vel.jpg%20%28278x418%29.jpg

Fairly light, sturdy sole, lace up tight when you need them to. They don't have much ankle support to speak of, so you should look elsewhere if that's what you require.

lamontagne

Adventurer
About the five fingers...

have you actually worn them, or is this from the write-ups they've gotten recently? Just curious, I'd love there to be at least one other wearer on here!

I have two pairs my self I wear often. I get all kinds of stares, questions and remarks too!

I think tonight I will take some pics and start seperate thread and stop hijacking this one.

RAV4fun

Observer
About the five fingers...

I have two pairs my self I wear often. I get all kinds of stares, questions and remarks too!

I think tonight I will take some pics and start seperate thread and stop hijacking this one.

Good call...thanks! I'll find some hiking pics to add...

colter

Observer
I really enjoy my Lathrop and Sons Rally Point boots with Lathrop footbeds. I spend a lot of time outside and these have held up really well. I was wearing out a pair of danners every year, but these have been going strong. they're very comfortable.

atmooney

OK, so I can't wait to see the responses to this one...but due to many changes I've been making in my life I now choose to go barefoot whenever possible. When hiking, etc...I wear these:

IMG_0266.JPG

More info here:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_footwear.cfm

I can fill folks in on the details as far as why I do this, but the bottom line is - It works for me. Injuries from years ago are finally healing, and the bulging disc I've been dealing with for close to a decade now is actually getting better!

SWEET! I'll be able to count to twenty with shoes on!!!

Bugspray

Adventurer
As long as its warm enough I wear Chacos. I've had my Z/1s for over a decade now and they've been resoled once.....still the most comfortable,versatile,durable footwear I own.

Attachments

• CHA-W100239-042109.tif.jpg
    CHA-W100239-042109.tif.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 121

BigAl

Expedition Leader
At the time, I couldn't find the Zamberlans locally, and I like to try shoes on before I buy them. So, I ended up with another pair of Asolos.

I just wish shoe manufacturers would make their boots without Gore-Tex for those who like their shoes to breathe better.

View attachment 35026

I'm on my second pair of Asolo back packing boots. I like them for everything but hot summer days

shovelbum

Observer
My best ever were Chaco Beckwith boots. Unfortunately, Chaco's sandals became so popular they stopped making their line of boots. :(

Hanley Noel

Observer
I'm on my second pair of Asolo back packing boots. I like them for everything but hot summer days

I have that exact pair as well. I wore my first pair for 10 years before replacing them. They come in a wide version, which is what sold me.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I have that exact pair as well. I wore my first pair for 10 years before replacing them. They come in a wide version, which is what sold me.

I just got my second pair for christmas and went with the wide. They feel very roomy. My fist pair are ten years old too and still kicking. At ~$250 they have to last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste