Barbour International

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
Belstaff

Really?? Huh, learn something new everyday. Guess that underscores the power of marketing (that and the fact that none of the stores here carry Belstaff. VA Horse Country is Barbour country :) )

Except for maybe a store in NY and LA, I'm not sure Belstaff has distribution in the US.

A few years ago the Belstaff brand and designs were sold off an Italian fashion house who mined the archives for fashion and pretty much discontinued the motorcycle gear except the wax cotton models. There is was a US distributor for Belstaff MC gear who continues to sell the same garments under the brand British Motorcycle Gear. I don't know who manufactures the product byt the BMG stuff is pretty good and moderately priced.

In the last couple of years the Italian Belstaff rediscovered the motorcycle market and came out with some new products. They popped up on my radar again when they were sponsors of the Long Way Down trip. It seems that you can buy the gear online www.belstaff.com, but the website is big on pretty and low on information making it difficult to figure out just what your buying. One interesting thing I noted was that they had versions of the wax cotton jackets with soft armor.

Perhaps there's a member from the UK who has seen Belstaff's newer gear in person who can fill us in.

Jim

jingram

Adventurer
british motorcycle gear carries them in the states and they are well thought of over on ADVrider.

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/

I really like the Belstaff Classic Tourist Trophy Jacket being produced again. Updated with armor, but still classic in every way. More expensive than the barbour international though.

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
A little Barbour love - McQueen Style

From the best time wasting website that I've found in months, The Selvedge Yard.

picture_75-jpg.jpeg

picture_324-jpg.jpeg

picture_77-jpg.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior