09 wrx

casioqv

Dr. Diesel
In some sense a turbo car might actually be able to handle lower octane gas than an N/A one, since they have a lower static compression ratio and only require the extra octane when running high boost, which is adjustable.

The low octane gas issue should be easy to overcome if you can reduce the turbo boost and/or retard ignition timing. The engine will probably do these automatically when the knock sensor activates, but it would probably be preferable to avoid knock entirely.

nomad1964

Time to sell.

Weigh up your needs:

Downgrade to an older Subaru for daily driving.

Buy a 2003-4 Disco on the internet and use that as the new toy. 03-04 disco's are as good as they come. probably over 160+ improvements from the D-1 to the final product. Plenty of mechanics can work on them they are not that difficult, just like to tell you they will charge a little extra.. :wings: Sooooo Many modifications can be done to them it is a veritable adult toy ground.. I had one in Kuwait in 1993-4 I put 65,000 miles on it on the desert with out hitting the roads. When I brought it back to the UK, all it needed was new headlight lenses (left to Right beams), and some cooling pipes. The Disco did london for awhile in Arabic plates then headed of to Prague after I sold it.

Ooops! Rambling again showing signs of age!!
:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior