1987 4Runner- Expedition Build Up.

ab1985

Explorer
I'm not sure why everyone continues to ask about that rack. It looks like a rather ill conceived setup if you ask me.

Last edited:

t4rman

Adventurer
Yeah, i bought the material to do just that, but was too lazy to do it.... They were for looks.

Sold the truck a month or so ago. Hadn't driven it really since about January... so it was time.

:(
I never got to see it in person! ( i probably would've bought it too ) I'll look out for the Montero though.

austintaco

Explorer
I'm not sure why everyone continues to ask about that rack. It looks like a rather ill conceived setup if you ask me.

I think a better solution, and I may have posted this on one of the threads about that rack setup, would be to integrate the supports of the rack onto a set of sliders and a rear bumper build.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Sometimes I wish I had kept this truck and installed the 7MGE engine in it....

My wife has been hinting at me getting a newer platform and I have looked at a few 96+ 4runners but the thought of getting rid of Red is almost sickening. That 7MGE would be pretty dang sweet to swap in with the exception that it is the 3.0 lol. i would rather see the 2.7 or 3.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles