jcbrandon

Explorer
The W.A.V.E. on a desert crest:

And in camp with the wheelchair lift deployed:

The Doctor Seuss forest:

Last edited:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Thanks for sharing Lance. I wanted to join that trip but Thanksgiving is a busy family time for me.

Keep the comments and photos coming OT Alumni travelers :sombrero:

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Hey Lance,

Excellant trip report and enjoyed the photos from J. I should have been on this trip too but have not fully completed my cert yet. Soon!

Your concerns about the SMB suspension were same as mine. You just need more bump travel in the front and hyd stops may help, but be careful as there is very little clearance between the pumpkin and x-member. The dust getting in was a problem for me too. In fact several times I had mice in my SMB suggesting the entrances are large.

I would really appreciate it if the 110 driver pulling the A/T Teardrp would contact me via PM. I am considering purchase of the same trailer and would like to hear about his experience.

Ace

gjackson

FRGS
The group is now at Adobe Guadalupe in the wine region. We have been reduced to 9 people at this point but are still going strong. Last supper tonight and then back to reality.

Awesome time, well done Lance on the report. I'm sure more will be forthcoming as people get back to the US.

cheers

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I updated my previous post with some new text and a bunch of pics...
I am still sorting pics and will put up a gallery for those who were on the trip to get pics of their rigs (if you went please pm me for gallery info).

It was a hoot and I can't wait for the next Overland Certified Alumni Trip. It was soooo nice traveling with people who you could trust to have it together :)

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I updated my previous post with some new text and a bunch of pics...
I am still sorting pics and will put up a gallery for those who were on the trip to get pics of their rigs (if you went please pm me for gallery info).

Thanks for the photo update Lance. Terrific :sombrero:

It was a hoot and I can't wait for the next Overland Certified Alumni Trip. It was soooo nice traveling with people who you could trust to have it together :)

Surely for many travelers the cost of Overland Training's courses is a good value purely for the education. But traveling with other OT Certified folks and being on the 'same page' is a nice bonus.
Looking forward to taking advantage of this in the future.

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
Lance,

Great post!

I have to say that it was quite an honor to "roll" with this group. Everyone contributed and supported one another. Thank you to all. I hope to add more in the near future...

In the mean time, here are some pics from our adventure.

735059075_cbxsB-L.jpg

735079605_GdJgB-L.jpg

735077062_yGcjU-L.jpg

735078448_W9Uzi-L.jpg

735071334_v8SnL-L.jpg

735070927_rjcM3-L.jpg

1leglance

Great shots Andy...I don't think I will ever have the eye many of you guys do.

The trip was a blast and I am already thinking of stuff I left out of my report...

Everyone else that went please add your thoughts and your memories.

nickt

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0009
Photo group

Great trip! I'm still in Mexico, man if you thought Mondays WX started bad you should have hung around for the rest of the day...

It was great to see some old faces and meet some new ones, I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys. Kudos to Graham and Connie for organizing and Al for leading - you know some great spots Al.

By popular request, I've created a flickr group where we can stick all our photos from the trip. You can find it here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/otbaja2009/

Anyone can contribute to the group. I've started it off by uploading my photos.

Until the next trip...

Cheers,
Nick.

1leglance

Great job with the pics Nick...thanks for putting up the gallery and I will get some of mne loaded up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000