Overland Training Alumni Baja Adventure

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again!

Willman - I used iMovie. I shot most of the video usinga a helmet-mounted GoPro Hero video camera, some video and stills with a Panasonic point and shoot and borrowed a few images from Paul who used a Canon Elph point and shoot.

Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
Awesome Vid Brian! I can't wait to hear more about the part of the trip that I missed. Looks like some fun(?)

Glad you included the shot of the owl. Was that the one that spooked at the rock art site?

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Andy,

Yes that owl was from the rock art site.
I had walked on ahead of the group, rounded a corner and the owl came bursting out of this little hole in the rock face. Luckily it landed long enough for a shot and then too off again.

Brian

discotdi

Adventurer
Graham- nice photos. thanks for getting them up for all to see. how did the Teardrop trailer work out?

Brian great video.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Hey Andy,

Yes that owl was from the rock art site.
I had walked on ahead of the group, rounded a corner and the owl came bursting out of this little hole in the rock face. Luckily it landed long enough for a shot and then too off again.

Brian

That was a barn owl by the way, cool picture of it. :costumed-smiley-007

Willman

Thanks again!

Willman - I used iMovie. I shot most of the video usinga a helmet-mounted GoPro Hero video camera, some video and stills with a Panasonic point and shoot and borrowed a few images from Paul who used a Canon Elph point and shoot.

Regards,
Brian

Brian.....I love your taste in helmets by the way!

;)

Hey kids, great pics, sooper video!

Are the whale bones on the little bay north of Puertocitos?

We used to camp there when i was a kid....mid - late Sixties.

Thanks for the warm pics :)

KAA

jcbrandon

Explorer
...Are the whale bones on the little bay north of Puertocitos? We used to camp there when i was a kid....mid - late Sixties.

Yup; that's the place. What can you tell us about them? We just thought it was a pretty cool place to take a picture. Don't know anything else.

And we were surprised to find a lot of road construction north of Puertocitos. We drove several miles of brand-new pavement, dodging big construction equipment the whole time. That and a lot of shiny new pickup trucks.

Yup; that's the place. What can you tell us about them? We just thought it was a pretty cool place to take a picture. Don't know anything else.

All I know is that they weren't there in 1969. That's the last time I was there!

It's a lot further from Des Moines than it was from San Clemente :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles