Simple, Low $$ storage solution

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Nice project Alvin! Dual-level load decks are the best way to increase storage.

I'd love to try some of your pale ale! I'm a Bass Ale drinker since when America still thought Michelob was a premium beer.

So . . .my project this weekend was the Tacoma, which my nephew and I went to work on yesterday. He attacked the timing belt replacement; I replaced a bad steering rack ball joint that the road to our house had destroyed. Then it was time to install the Old Man Emu shocks and springs. I pulled off both front spring/shock assemblies so we could take them to our friend who has spring compressors, then I pulled off the driver's side rear spring and both rear shocks.

It was then I discovered the shippers had included only one spring plate for the front springs, and had not included the correct rear spring bushings.

So all the old suspension went back on, since it will be mid-week at least before I can get the missing pieces.

What's annoying is that I actually did the right thing and looked in the box when it came. I saw a bag of bushings and thought, okay, bushings, check, and I saw a spring plate and thought, okay, check, they're in there too. Never thought to check for both plates and make sure the bushings were the correct ones. Jeez . . .

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Thanks Jonathan, I needed to make more space but couldn't go big$$ for it.
BTW all guests of my humble abode are provided with good ale when I have some.
I have some Scottish ale that will be drinkable next week and the Pale in 2 weeks.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Look again!

I made some improvements to the storage deck. Take another look at the thread linked above. Less than $150 total. :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94