Montero Love

Spikepretorius

Explorer
L200/Triton/Colt (depending on your country) = Mitsubishi 4x4 pickup, check my signature, I drive one.

The Montero/Pajero Sport is only called that in the States as far as I know.

The true Montero/Pajero is completely different.

Below is a pic of my truck when it was brand spanking new (Colt in SA) and hadn't had any redneck treatment yet

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Spike, In N/A the Colt was a car, and I think that is where some of the confusion may be coming in. Thank you for helping to clear up the confusion. N/A spec SUV's were Montero's. They were in actuality the Pajero's, just renamed, while Mitsubishi still had the Montero model, it was a different truck in the world market than the Montero in North America......... I think.:)

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
4Rescue said:
This on the other hand might be the UGLIEST suv ever made (that wasn't a Ford or GM product). No offense to the guy who's got one, I like that yours is built up.

2005_Mitsubishi_Montero_ext_1.jpg

No offense taken. I thought the same thing too, at first, until I actually drove one. I too had the '94 model (gen II) version and then switched to the newer gen III truck a couple years ago after I drove the '94 model to its end.

For the price, ride quality, cargo space, power, sophisticated 4WD system, etc., it's a pretty good truck.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Spike: Sorry for the confusion, as DATRUPER mentioned in the US the "Colt" was a car, not a truck. The Mitsubishi pickup was called the "P'up" in the US, I believe, but really wasn't sold much here after the early 90's. Even the current "Mitsubishi" pickups (sold as the "Raider") are actually just Dodge Dakotas with a different badge.

Your truck looks nice. What surprises me is that it's an extended cab - from my travels, the only place I've ever seen extended cab trucks like that has been in the US. In other countries, you see a lot of double-cabs (even back in the days when we had no double-cab mini trucks in the US) and a lot of single-cabs, but I don't recall seeing any extended cabs like yours, so that is interesting because it's the first confirmation I've seen that extended-cab trucks exist outside of the US/Canada market.

In Hungary or Croatia I saw a Mitsubishi truck that looked like a Montero with 4 doors, but with a pickup box section behind the 2nd row of seats. I can't remember what it was called, though.

Spikepretorius

Explorer
Extended cabs are very common here. I wouldn't be surprised if they originated here because it's a tax dodge. We can claim a VAT refund for business use whereas the double cab is considered a luxury.

They come with mounting points for seat belts so it's easy to adapt if you want to shoehorn passengers in the back.

Here's pics of a double cab version

Last edited:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Dolomiti said:
I wish mine had the locking rear. Here are some before and after pics.

223390100_0481083b1a_b.jpg

226771639_647e30bda8_b.jpg

425917008_d6c177d973_b.jpg

1718255374_d20bdc5f8b_b.jpg

1718243234_4a858bbdc0_b.jpg

Nice Gen I truck, and in TX too. Man, that's :26_34_3: . I like the roof rack and mini scepters too!

Is that at the Padre Island National Seashore by chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier