06 Tacoma with ATC camper mod.

valleythunder

K.C. thanks!
Here is when I'm ready to hit the road from ATC.
133777378-M.jpg

Tacoma needs AirLift to carry the camper. With 10psi in the bag the leaf spring is getting very close to the bump stop. Currently I've 60psi on the driver side, stove, frige and etc on this side, and 55psi on the passenger side. I need to get higher pressure the head light is still pointing too high. Will put together a more detail review later. Going to Death Valley coming weekend to break in the camper! :elkgrin:

You would probably be better served getting a different set of leafs for the rear. The factory leafs are nothing but GARBAGE.... replaced mine with a set of Dakars with the XL leaf. I am following your build looking at a similar camper myself... Thanks.. Rob

downhiller37

New member needs help

@slooowr6

Did you use the old air-lift air line tubing when you switched from the air-lift air springs to Firestone Ride-Rite.
I guess they use the same 1/4“ tubing and it should fit. But I’m not sure!

Wolfgang

slooowr6

Explorer
@slooowr6

Did you use the old air-lift air line tubing when you switched from the air-lift air springs to Firestone Ride-Rite.
I guess they use the same 1/4“ tubing and it should fit. But I’m not sure!

Wolfgang

Yes, you are correct they are the same tubing. I reused the air lines.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Nice rig.

Have done nothing to the truck for the past couple months. The truck now have 12k miles been staying in the camper for more than 14 nights total. All an all the camper is working pretty good. I do miss the space Vanagon has. With a truck camper you don't get the use the cabin space once you are in the camper. Couple things I'm planning on doing:
1) Change to firestine air bag or change to Dakar leaf have not decide yet. I found out that the leaf spring is touching the overload leaf on the rear but not the front, where the air bag is. My though is AirLift air bag is forcing the stock leaf into a S shape.
2) Need to change to LT tires, I'm planning on a set Load Rating D tire. I just need to convince wife this is for safety.
3) BentUp slider. Need to find time to drive to their shop for this........
4) Update my Scan Gauge II firmware so it can read trans temp. The Taco is working hard when going over mountain pass with the camper loaded.
If the camper's on 24/7 a custom leaf pack will allow full articulation. All the airbags restrict that with the exception of Carli Suspension's long travel's which aren't available for yours. Good move on the LT tires. In this age of ambulance chasing lawyers it amazes me that all the manufacturer's from full sized 1/2 ton on down equip their rigs with car tires. Lots of front suspension enhancement available for you Taco guys. Nice setup. Congratulations!

JLink

No updates since 2010? I was really enjoying reading through this build..

Sweet setup you have there. I definitely would like to get a camper like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior