Gear Lists for Overland Travel

S

Scenic WonderRunner

It would be just so much easier to follow behind TACODOC, teotwaki and 99wj , on the trail....!

....:sombrero::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

99wj

Adventurer
Yeah, but they're well armed and might not be inclined to share... ;)

Well armed, yes.... :) But always willing to share, i think that most of the time you have more fun hanging out and wrenching on someones rig than just driving around. (not always the case ;) but usually it's fun)

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
It would be just so much easier to follow behind TACODOC, teotwaki and 99wj , on the trail....!

....:sombrero::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

Safety in numbers amigo! :costumed-smiley-007

What one of needs, one of us has. But when I'm solo, I dont like to be SOL so I plan, plan, plan.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Bump, anyone?

I know it was there a few months back, I can only assume it has been deleted. Mods would be able to see if it had.

The thread you're thinking of is not one of the 3 linked by Teotwaki, in post #11 above? I'm not seeing any deleted 'gear list' threads...?

Fish

Adventurer
TP/baby wipes/wag bags ;)

One important piece of advice. Never attempt to clean up in the dark using baby wipes and accidentally confuse them with Clorox wipes. I do like tingly feelings below the waist, but not that kind.

D

Deleted member 9101

EPIRB
Sat. 'phone.
Water.

We pack our 'survival' gear in a rucksac "grab bag" that is stowed behind the passenger seat where it is instantly accessable and can be thrown out of the vehicle in the event of a "crash and burn".
It is pointless having all this stuff if it is destroyed 1 minute before you need it.

Cheers,
Peter

we always called them "bail out bags" or "bug out bags"

riverrat88

Observer
I prefer to have an alcohol stove instead of a traditional backpacking stove like mentioned. I made mine out of 2 beer cans and a penny for a regulator and will burn everclear, vodka, rubbing alcohol and fuel line antifreeze all of which can be easier to find than a fuel can for a stove. Also pantyhose make good emergency belts and don't take much space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles